• Current Donation Goals

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/2/20/three-injury-concerns-ahead-of-malmo-visit

Arrizabalaga (hamstring), Zappacosta (fever) & Pedro (strong stomach ache) out for tonight's game

Holymoly   
38 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

How many times since the 60s did we yo-yo between the top divisions, being famously inconsistent and going 26 years without any sort of trophy. What sort of continuity are you talking about? Being rubbish? 

The majority of this "team of merceneries" has won at least 1 PL title, and in some cases 2 (plus the FA / League Cup). The vast majority of the squad (bar the new arrivals) have won more for this club than just about any player from the 60s to the mid 90s. 

Maybe I am missing your point. 

I don't know, maybe I'm looking back through rose tinted specs, but even when we were in the 2nd division I always felt the team was Chelsea through and through albeit we were quite crap for many of those years. As such, when we just clear out and parachute another batch of players that we know probably won't hang around for too many years, I fail to feel the same connection. When Hoddle/Gullit began the revolution we welcomed a large number of "elderly" players who's best years were behind them. However many stuck around until their pension kicked in and we appreciated that commitment. In the intervening 25 years or so there has always seemed to be a cadre of senior (mature) players  to annoint the next generation. Today however the players come in and there is no-one to paint them Chelsea blue. It's not a question of success its one of heart for me and that lack of heart is what manifests itself when we watch the games against Bournemouth, Arsenal and City. Of course this trust in mature players would never have happened under Roman in much the same way his board seems to mistrust youth. Maybe we have sold our soul for silverware.

johnboy   

I have like so many on this site tried to analyse what is going wrong. If the answer isn’t to keep changing the manager as some suggest then let someone from within the side make Sarri see the need for flexibility in his system. 2 problems here, one is Sarri doesn’t believe his system needs to be flexible, the other is that here is no leader in the side with the balls to say it. I read recently that JT would throw massive Wobblies in the dressing room at his fellow players & wasn’t afraid to speak his mind to the manager. If that is the case then bring him in to do it again because someone needs to. If Sarri wants to play Jorginho as a quarterback then the quarterback needs protection, who could do that? Ah! I know Kante. But no Sarri wants him further forward. Who’s leading the back line? Nobody! People point to Pep in his first season not doing much different but I do believe the guy knew where he was going & the club believed in him. He also had a leader in Kompany at the time. I don’t get that feeling here. I said a few months back that Sarri’s methods could unravel in February, as they did at Napoli due to overplaying the same players. It could be coming true before our very eyes. What works in the Italian league or any other league is not necessarily the fit for the Premier league. If he truly wants to pursue the system then adapt it, tweak it but don’t just keep making the same mistakes & substitutions week in week out. But it’s not me he’s going to read or listen to is it? this is me venting frustration. It needs to come from within the club. But there is nobody there to say flex the system or lose your job. If he goes then who comes in? Zidane , Blanc?, I have no problem with these but it needs a strong Chelsea backbone & not a yes man to be the number 2. 

He will make changes tonight because he needs fresh legs for Sunday & because of injuries. Nearly everyone on this site could name the team for Sunday bar injuries. He is hanging by a thread at the moment & I am not sure who’s there to save him & then us from the media ridiculing the club yet again for its policy of chopping the manager every couple of seasons (or less).

I'm really not sure why the system needs to be more flexible.  Good tool to beat Sarri with, but I don't see much point to it otherwise.  
The team as it is is very flexible, in that there is a great deal of scope for the likes of Barkley, Kante, one or both FBs and both wide players to advance or retreat more or less often.  Only the CBs, Jorgy, the CF and keeper have a fixed style of playing.  

Flexibility is built into the system.  It can play flat out attack, and it can sit according to the score.   No need to change players to introduce more.  
Of course younger or better players would help...

2 minutes ago, johnboy said:

I read recently that JT would throw massive Wobblies in the dressing room at his fellow players & wasn’t afraid to speak his mind to the manager.

I've not read that - but it is the kind of thing many would presume happening and state as fact without knowing.  

17 hours ago, Ham said:

Interesting. Did not know that. 

😊

Me neither. I've always that Lewis was/is tight with his money, but I didn't know that.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

People are allowed dfferent opinions. If someone disagrees with someone, it doesn't mean that person is saying, "you know nothing" 

I don't think Jane was implying that was the case at all Paul. She was just saying that we  are all literally in the dark about what's going on at board level.

18 minutes ago, johnboy said:

IHe will make changes tonight because he needs fresh legs for Sunday & because of injuries. Nearly everyone on this site could name the team for Sunday bar injuries. He is hanging by a thread at the moment & I am not sure who’s there to save him & then us from the media ridiculing the club yet again for its policy of chopping the manager every couple of seasons (or less).

What the media says about us doesn't matter a jot to me. Just don't read/listen to it.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

People are allowed dfferent opinions. If someone disagrees with someone, it doesn't mean that person is saying, "you know nothing" 

Look Paul, if you'd cared to have read our posts, Michael and I were discussing what goes on behind the scenes at the club and how little we really know about that. You've completely misunderstood.

Give us a break 😳

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I don't think Jane was implying that was the case at all Paul. She was just saying that we  are all literally in the dark about what's going on at board level.

Thanks Pete, I was.

Tonight could be his chance to try Kante in his fav position, and if he sees that it works then try it again on Sunday..

if he persists with his love child on Sunday we WILL get smashed..

FFS try something different tonight, we will beat Malmo easily, with or without Jorginho..