• Current Donation Goals

So Klopp escapes a ban for comments made about the ref...

only fined 45000, peanuts to him, other managers have been banned for the same thing

15 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Tonight could be his chance to try Kante in his fav position, and if he sees that it works then try it again on Sunday..

if he persists with his love child on Sunday we WILL get smashed..

FFS try something different tonight, we will beat Malmo easily, with or without Jorginho..

Having one of Kovacic/Barkley/RLC weakens us more than enough.  Are you asking for 2 of them?

I get the sense that Sarri will become even more stubborn over the next few weeks - he's come out and said his system is not the problem, so either he's just trying to cover his own back and inability to change things or he genuinely believe's what he's asking this group of players to do is isn't causing any problem. Jorginho should be dropped (rested in Sarri's eye's) tonight, but I am very very confident he won't be.

Why won't he even try Kante in that position? He's quick to tell everyone how it won't work, but why not just try it, just to see?

I also hope he plays Higuain tonight, we need him to get some form, goals and confidence if we're looking him to carry us over the line (whatever line that now is).

37 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I get the sense that Sarri will become even more stubborn over the next few weeks

No real choice with players, and given the players not much choice with systems.
What is he going to do?  Add a 3rd CB to a team which until 3 weeks ago was conceding few, and still can't score?
Play 2 CFs and drop 2 or 3 out of Hazard/Willian/Pedro?
Play an 18 year old just to keep a few fans happy and because the brother & father are threatening the club through the press?

All he is left with is rotating 3 average players in RLC/Kovacic/Barkley, 2 fairly decent LBs, and 2 ageing widemen.

I'm expecting massive demands for RLC tonight on the grounds we haven't seen him for a while.  He shouldn't come on unless we go a goal behind net.

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why won't he even try Kante in that position? He's quick to tell everyone how it won't work, but why not just try it, just to see?

Conte tried it - it didn't work.  

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I get the sense that Sarri will become even more stubborn over the next few weeks - he's come out and said his system is not the problem, so either he's just trying to cover his own back and inability to change things or he genuinely believe's what he's asking this group of players to do is isn't causing any problem. Jorginho should be dropped (rested in Sarri's eye's) tonight, but I am very very confident he won't be.

I also hope he plays Higuain tonight, we need him to get some form, goals and confidence if we're looking him to carry us over the line (whatever line that now is).

To be fair to Sarri, we've all done it before. You take a wrong turn, and the passengers are telling you it's the wrong way, but you're having none of it. After 5 of miles in the wrong direction, you are now completely lost. Your argument now is that this road connects to the correct one, and so you're driving on to find that connection. We know how it ends.

Sarri has reached the point where he is too embarrassed to change his tactics. Moreover he has spent so much energy finding excuses there is nothing left for change of tactics. Conte changed his formation in the middle of a match and went on to win the league. But Conte understood football in the real world.

How Sarri bluffed his way into managing a top PL club is worth a Hollywood blockbuster. But then people have worked as surgeons who never went near a medical school. Sometimes it takes nothing more than bad luck or just " bad moments"  to be found out. I also think Sarri made his own bad luck. If he had just lied low in Serie A, chances are that no one would have found him out

Edited by Blue Rod

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

How Sarri bluffed his way into managing a top PL club is worth a Hollywood blockbuster. But then people have worked as surgeons who never went near a medical school. Sometimes it takes nothing more than bad luck or just " bad moments"  to be found out. I also think Sarri made his own bad luck. If he had just lied low in Serie A, chances are that no one would have found him out

To be fair, he didn't "lie low" Rod. He finished second to great acclaim.

Ham   

No Jorginho too😊

This will be interesting. 

Screenshot_20190221-184846_Facebook.jpg

I was going to post that I expect Sarri to put out his strongest side tonight as winning this competition is our most likely route into the Champions League next season. And that resting players for the Carabao Cup final is a total waste of time.

But never mind.