• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

When hope is gone, there is nothing to fear.

Heard that before. Shortly before something like: “At the end of a storm /
There's a golden sky / And the sweet silver song of a lark”. Are you a scouser in disguise?

1 minute ago, blue moon said:

Heard that before. Shortly before something like: “At the end of a storm /
There's a golden sky / And the sweet silver song of a lark”. Are you a scouser in disguise?

Light at end of tunnel.........   ..... train

I think you are talking about "With hope in your heart" - just the opposite to my way of thinking,  

Glass half full here, mate. Figuratively tonight, maybe not so at Wembley tomorrow - figuratively or otherwise - it is to be a supporter when you’re negative. But this time, I’m feeling positive like some others here. I can’t justify it and I seriously cannot understand why. But that is the case. 

Zidane   

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. There was no one there. 

• Like 1

Still in the Caribbean so won't see the game but keep it to single figures and I'll be happy..

Jasonb   

Just a thought, our players just might ignore Sarri-ball and go defensive and try and strike on the counter-attack.

37 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Just a thought, our players just might ignore Sarri-ball and go defensive and try and strike on the counter-attack.

Well let's hope not. The current set seem even less confident about defending and counter attack that they do with Sarri ball.

kev61   
46 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Just a thought, our players just might ignore Sarri-ball and go defensive and try and strike on the counter-attack

Yes indeed Utd players were ignoring / confused when Mourhino was in charge.Maybe we should lock Sarri in a cupboard and let Zola pick the team tomorrow for one game only.

BlueFizz   
8 hours ago, Jasonb said:

When we beat City the Sarri tactics were to sit deeper, soak up pressure, strike on counter - it worked.

Sarri ball is about retaining possession and playing forward through the lines - it is (as done by Napoli) more direct than our current side to side stuff.

It’s also compatible with a lower defensive block.

Tbh the 6-0 was a comedy of Errors - with the emphasis on errors.

believe!

I too am oddly optimistic, not sure why, maybe it's because Wembley is or second home? However, when thinking about it too much, I realise this set of players have no fight or backbone and actually expect us to lose - I don't think it will be a heavy defeat (score wise), but I do think it will be a comfortable win for City. I really hope he picks CHO today, he really couldn't do much more on Thursday to force his way in to this team and if Sarri does see him as a potentially starter alongside Willian and Pedro as he has said, then surely CHO gets the game? I doubt very much he will though. Same goes for Christensen, he seems to be playing himself back in to confidence and form and I actually think he should be starting from this point. Again, I doubt Sarri see's it the same.

I hope to see:

Kepa (if fit)

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC

CHO Higuain Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Alonso, Barkley, Willian, Pedro, Giroud

What I think we'll see:

Kepa (if fit)

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Higuain Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Emerson, Barkley, CHO, Pedro, Giroud

As for the Liverpool v Man Utd game, it hurts me to say it but I am fully behind Liverpool for this one. If United drop points, we can still sneak our way back in to the top 4, but a win for United and we then drop points vs Spurs, top 4 is gone.