• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Did he, though? The board indicating a substitution hadn't been held up. What if all he was doing was saying 'I'm NOT injured, so need to take me off'?

I would argue that Sarri’s reaction says a lot. Let’s see what he says...

11 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

22-7 with 60% possession is insane. 

And the 22 is low side, there were times where he'd give 2 or 3 "play ons" before finally stopping play, and there was a handball and a foul in the Kante incident alone.
A foul count above 16 is pretty rare, above 20 is extremely rare - teh FA have got to change the rules so that clubs get fined for 20+ fouls for "failing to take control of their players".

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As for refereeing and VAR, I don't want VAR if the refs can pick and choose when to actually use it as they did today - the rule on offsides and VAR is, as I understand it, if it's close, don't stop play, let it continue and then come back... clearly, that's the case unless it's Chelsea.

VAR is pure and simple a method to protect refs from making embarrassing decisions.

3 minutes ago, stofferc said:

That would have been really weird since it is not a red card offense. If a player refuses to leave the field the ref should just carry on with the match. It's in the rulebook.

Well that would explain it then.  So the ref told Sarri he can't make Kepa come off if Kepa refuses.  
Sergeant Major Zola is in serious trouble in my book.

35 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think that Sarri thought he was injured. If it were tactical like some suggested Sarri would have definitely put the board up IMO. 

Sarri looked as though he was cursing the medical staff as well. All Kepa really did, IMO, was let everyone know that he wasn’t injured. 

Honestly, I’m not sure he did anything wrong. People are assuming he refused to come off having understood that it was a tactical switch IMO. And in a case like that definitely he should be suspended.

Let’s wait to see what Sarri says. He is usually very straightforward in what he tells the press.

I’m sorry but that’s rubbish. He was insubordinate. Caballero was clearly stripped and ready to go. The decision had been made, obviously. It was obvious Caballero was coming on. It was more than just a thumbs up from Kepa to signify that ‘I’m okay’. It was full on insubordination and protesting against the decision. 

You’re right in saying that if it was tactical then Sarri should have insisted the board was put up, but to say that Kepa didn’t really react or protest the decision in a completely unprofessional way is just wrong. 

Edited by sharve25_blueheart

2 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

I would argue that Sarri’s reaction says a lot. Let’s see what he says...

Sarri says he thought Kepa was injured and it took four minutes for the DR to confirm he wasn't injured , it was a misunderstanding and he went away to clear his head and get some quiet . Nothing to see here folks .

3 minutes ago, sharve25_blueheart said:

I’m sorry but that’s rubbish. He was subordinate. Caballero was clearly stripped and ready to go. The decision had been made, obviously. It was obvious Caballero was coming on. It was more than just a thumbs up from Kepa to signify that ‘I’m okay’. It was full on subordination and protesting against the decision. 

Not necessarily. The only reason that Caballero was ready to come on may have been because of the misunderstanding about Kepa's physical condition. You need further clarification before leaping to the conclusion that you have.

Edited by PeteRobbo

asvaberg   
1 minute ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

Sarri says it was a misunderstanding with medical team. 

He almost sounds like he's taking the blame!

Poor man. I feel sorry for him. And I would really like to know why Azpi did nothing, being captain.....

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sarri says he thought Kepa was injured and it took four minutes for the DR to confirm he wasn't injured , it was a misunderstanding and he went away to clear his head and get some quiet . Nothing to see here folks .

Exactly Mark. Too much overreaction on here. Christ, it's enough to have the media's customary over-reaction to anything at Chelsea, without the disease spreading to the fans!