• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

Jorghinos penalty was a s predictable as his managers team selections. 

bert19   
13 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Jorghinos penalty was a s predictable as his managers team selections. 

Quite surprised he's not been getting more grief for this to be honest.  The way he took that penalty was utter tripe.  

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Does anybody still believe that Pedro circa 2019 is better than CHO? Does anyone favour Kovacic over RLC?

Yes and yes.

They play completely differently.  Pedro is always active, frequently inside and almost as much RCM as RW.  We played 70 mins more or less 451 (or 4141).
CHO plays wide wide RW and waits.  Does not get involved till the ball comes to him or the oppo LB.

Arguably CHO plays the wide RW role better than Pedro (and indeed it was pretty much invented for speedy teenage wingers like Sinclair, Walcott or Lennon).
There is no argument about Pedro being better than CHO in the RCM role.

Leo91   
10 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Quite surprised he's not been getting more grief for this to be honest.  The way he took that penalty was utter tripe.  

I couldn't careless. That's his technique. Just like Hazards nonchalant spot kicks.

chelboy   
9 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I couldn't careless. That's his technique. Just like Hazards nonchalant spot kicks.

Hazard can take different type of penalties though. Jorginho are pretty much always the same and are never really tucked in the corners. His pens are awful and if you stand tall and wait you have a good chance of saving it due to how poor his shot power is. What I am still trying to figure out is why was Higuain not one of our first 5 pen takers. I would have put him 1st. 

xCELERYx   
13 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Hazard can take different type of penalties though. Jorginho are pretty much always the same and are never really tucked in the corners. His pens are awful and if you stand tall and wait you have a good chance of saving it due to how poor his shot power is. What I am still trying to figure out is why was Higuain not one of our first 5 pen takers. I would have put him 1st. 

Higuain isn't a great penalty taker, which is probably why. He missed one vs Juve while at Milan earlier in the season. Think his overall record is 19 scored 8 missed or something along those lines. 

bert19   
21 minutes ago, chelboy said:

This. He'd done it twice before and got away with it.  This was the first penalty in a shoot-out in a final.  When you're up first, you have one job: Score.  And by scoring, you put the pressure of chasing on the opposition's first man up.  

He took a crap penalty and by doing so, put them firmly in the driver's seat.

20 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You can't have watched the game I'm referring to. 

I was only joking as per the long drawn out argument over whether a wing back was a wing or a back which raged in here during the last knockings of Conte's reign , when we all know the answer is wing particularly when one of them ends up second highest goal scorer that season and doubly particularly when said player reverts to a normal back unter Sarri and scores no goals.

ps I'm joking again.

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

He's done a similar thing twice before for us and scored both times.

My issue with him taking the penalty was going first. I think his and Hazard's 'dinked' style work better in the sequence when (hopefully) the keeper has to make a decision and go with it. Putting him first the keeper could just afford to stay still and the trouble with all 'dinked' or 'sent the wrong way' penalties is that there's no plan B.

I wanted Luis and maybe Azpi to put two hard shots in the net before anyone took a clever penalty.

But Jorginho (who did a very great deal right in the match) can do no wrong with many Chelsea fans - he's become a symbol of all that's wrong with Sarri, Sarri-ball and our club in general.

I'm a bit more sanguine. I think he's a quality player who is struggling with his first season in the PL. Some players fit in straight away, others take time. Pedro, for instance, struggled but once he adapted, became very effective. I think Jorginho will do likewise - whether playing for Sarri or another coach.

• Like 2