• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

Jasonb   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I see. 

For what it’s worth I think Alonso has been figured out a bit. Suspect defensively and slow on his feet. 

Plus he’s in dreadful form right now. Probably have been overplayed over the last few seasons because we haven’t had a decent LB option for ages. 

Personally I think he’s a decent player but not an automatic starter at the level we want to be. That can sadly be said about too many of our players! 

I think you are right on Alonso, Azpi is less effective this season maybe due to being overplayed too.

Ham   

I noticed that the Zinchenko incident wasn't mentioned and lip service paid to the Hazard offside on refwatch today.

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

I noticed that the Zinchenko incident wasn't mentioned and lip service paid to the Hazard offside on refwatch today.

Also , I've just heard after their spat at the weekend Mike Dean has been relieved of his duties in the Chelsea Spurs game  , I don't know if it's true but I just heard it , we can't have Spurs being upset can we ?

Ham   

Our PR team need to spend less time trying to gain popularity and more time managing the negative, anti Chelsea agenda wherever they see it every week. 

We need to highlight these issues every week until it's impossible for the media, PGMOL and FA to ignore it.

Rafa, for all of his faults, did this.  FACT. 

paulw66   

INCIDENT: After a goal kick, Hazard is played through on goal but as he races towards the box, the linesman's flag is raised for offside. However, there have been some instances where linesmen have kept their flags down when unsure to see how play develops and using VAR where possible.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision.

DERMOT SAYS: It is so tight. He will say he is leaning forward, just ahead of play. But it's all about what the assistant is thinking, which is that Hazard's head is just ahead of play and he can score with his head. At that point, he thinks Hazard is in an offside position and he flags.

If the linesman is in doubt, he allows play to continue but he will say he had no doubt whatsoever in that situation. With VAR, you have to remember that there will always be incidents which we will argue about, but there is too much at stake. Whether you like it or not and whether it has this fault or that fault, it will correct big, match-changing decisions.

Holymoly   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

INCIDENT: After a goal kick, Hazard is played through on goal but as he races towards the box, the linesman's flag is raised for offside. However, there have been some instances where linesmen have kept their flags down when unsure to see how play develops and using VAR where possible.

DERMOT SAYS: It is so tight. He will say he is leaning forward, just ahead of play. But it's all about what the assistant is thinking, which is that Hazard's head is just ahead of play and he can score with his head. At that point, he thinks Hazard is in an offside position and he flags.

If the linesman is in doubt, he allows play to continue but he will say he had no doubt whatsoever in that situation. With VAR, you have to remember that there will always be incidents which we will argue about, but there is too much at stake. Whether you like it or not and whether it has this fault or that fault, it will correct big, match-changing decisions.

My middle aged eyes would like to thank you for your post.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To think we let him train with us . 

Ham   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Whether or not the offside decision was right or wrong (and it was wrong) is irrelevant because the VAR rule is to play on and then bring it back, like they did with England's number 9. 

35 minutes ago, Ham said:

Our PR team need to spend less time trying to gain popularity and more time managing the negative, anti Chelsea agenda wherever they see it every week. 

We need to highlight these issues every week until it's impossible for the media, PGMOL and FA to ignore it.

Rafa, for all of his faults, did this.  FACT. 

Mourinho also did this - I mean he even went on national TV to talk about the agenda (it was pretty obvious) against us. Must have been unprecendented I reckon. 

I don't think Benitez ever did that. I also don't think that Benitez really cared about us - for us he was just a way to get back into top management. Then he ****ed it up at Inter and he now finds himself ambling about with Newcastle. 

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Whether or not the offside decision was right or wrong (and it was wrong) is irrelevant because the VAR rule is to play on and then bring it back, like they did with England's number 9. 

VAR is a load of rubbish and just adds to frustration.  I made up my own mind on it after the Norwich cup game last year.  Willian clearly fouled and booked for simulation.  Reviewed by VAR and decision not overturned.

I can take a referee getting something wrong in a split second, but when the VAR person wont overturn a decision so obviously wrong on replay, that just gets your blood boiling.