• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

Recommended Posts

I woke up in an oddly cheery and spritely mood; I think I've had a bump to the head but for reasons I cannot provide any rationale for (because on paper this is another mauling) I'm going to say we're winning today ... and then getting spanked by Spurs midweek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

In a one-off game like a final, maybe. Big issue there though IMO is that we simply do not have the bodies in attacking positions for that to work across the season; if you're going to use 4 attacking players (3 AMs and a striker) from the off most games, you are going to need at least another 3 (2 AMs and another striker) to stop exhaustion. And I think you're looking at needing at least 2 secondary players being good enough to start reasonably often, too. That's a hell of a lot of attacking talent and money. Off the top of my head and I'm not even sure the best attacking teams in England have that sort of man power.

I'd be more than happy for our transfer strategy to be very, very attack-focused. Can't see it though.

I agree but for the remainder of the season I think we would have just enough to get by. 

Long term it would need a big investment and a change in focus on the type of player we have recently bought but in the short term we may just scrape champions league qualification by playing this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Long term it would need a big investment and a change in focus on the type of player we have recently bought

We've not bought an AM since Pedro, and replaced 2 big money CFs in their 20s with cheaper ones in their 30s.  
You have to say our recent transfer policy has been disastrous.

Pulisic is at least a small step in the right direction.  I think the focus has changed already.  And we always spend more than I expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   

It's a one off match and these finals very seldom go to plan. 

Having said that..........🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   

I really just want us not to look like a bunch of fools. We just about got away with the last mauling with the media waxing lyrical over City saying they could do that to anyone. If they do it again then we'll just be a laughing stock. Fortunately there's a "bigger" game going on today that most people will be focussed on.

At least Wales won yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I really just want us not to look like a bunch of fools. We just about got away with the last mauling with the media waxing lyrical over City saying they could do that to anyone. If they do it again then we'll just be a laughing stock. Fortunately there's a "bigger" game going on today that most people will be focussed on.

At least Wales won yesterday.

Boo!!! 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kratos   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Boo!!! 

image.jpeg

Now now Jane, even if he were from the moon his blood is blue like ours. Thank god he ain't from Mars....bloody hate those martian t..ts XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

Could never warm to rugby as a sport - because Ireland have done well in recent years I see a lot of people jump on the bandwagon  here, that all of a sudden are experts on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
6 minutes ago, kratos said:

Now now Jane, even if he were from the moon his blood is blue like ours. Thank god he ain't from Mars....bloody hate those martian t..ts XD

Ha ha, I know! 💙 I was just mucking about. I love HM on here. He can be very funny 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Could never warm to rugby as a sport - because Ireland have done well in recent years I see a lot of people jump on the bandwagon  here, that all of a sudden are experts on the game.

The rules of rugby leave me bewildered but in recent times I've developed a fascination with it. Love the way the game is played and the interaction between the ref and the players, and the camaraderie between opposing fans.

Love Brian O'Driscoll too 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.