• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

paulw66   
17 hours ago, Stim said:

image.png.4b2290fb0019fcc9978a6e7003b0e3c1.png

Make of it what you will, not sure how reliable whoscored.com is.

It shows he played in the same role he has all season. Up and down, slightly right of centre. 

kev61   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Huh? 

It’s quite clearly a misunderstanding where Kepa didn’t handle the situation in the best possible way. 

How you can find a way to blame Sarri for this says a lot. 

Michael I leave bird seed in my garden to attract birds how can I get rid of this fool?

3 hours ago, Vinod said:

Feroze Ali (the Chelsea fan who makes videos) made an excellent point on Twitter. Caballero was asked to warm up only after Kepa was down holding his hamstring. So clearly the substitution wasn't preplanned. While, as a tactical switch it does make perfect sense, there was clearly no malice there on Kepa's  part. The fine is a good call by the club. It upholds the manager's position and punishes poor conduct. 

Good point.  And of course if Caballero was expecting to come on for the penalties, he'd have been warming up for all the last 15 min period.

Out of interest, does anyone know if a keeper can be subbed on after the 120mins are up, between the full time whistle and the penalties?

30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

(Kante)  It shows he played in the same role he has all season. Up and down, slightly right of centre. 

Quite.  If anything more up than normal, but the full range.  
I think what confuses things is that Barkley and Kante share 4th man duties in a 4 man press.  That is if one joins the front 3, the other one doesn't.  So there were brief moments where Kante was back level with Jorginho.  And there were similar moments where Barkley was level with Jorgy and Kante chasing lost causes up front.  

18 hours ago, Stim said:

image.png.4b2290fb0019fcc9978a6e7003b0e3c1.png

Make of it what you will, not sure how reliable whoscored.com is.

Interesting. Exactly the same pattern as basically all his games this season. 

This shows an interesting phenomena when posters here are claiming that the players did "their own thing" and actively played against Sarri's instructions. It's BS of the highest order. So when the team plays well it's the players taking charge, and when the team plays badly it's Sarri's fault. 

Ludicrous. 

This is typical of a team trying to find a stable base. Ups and downs. This will probably continue for the rest of the season but hopefully our performances will be a little bit more stable going forward. 

Sorry, this really doesn't belong here, but this thread seems to be the most active right now and I wondered how many of you might have read this interesting, but lengthy piece in today's Telegraph?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/25/jose-Mourinho-exclusive-interview-next-job-will-club-right-structure/

I can see a distinct change in tactics across the media today with many sites now claiming that Sarri's introduction of Cabellero was indeed tactical and apparently nothing to do with the supposed injury to Kepa , the inference being that Willy has a reputation as a penalty stopper and would have introduced a "mind games" element to the shoot out .

Personally I think it's an absolute crock but If it were true then why on earth didn't Sarri let Kepa know beforehand ? Maybe this misunderstanding they are both referring to in their statements are Kepa misunderstanding that Sarri didn't think he was injured he just wanted to substitute him regardless .

According to a report I read on Football 365 today Sarri was quoted as screaming at Kepa (in Italian) " If I have a mis-firing striker , I take him off , If I have a mis-firing goalkeeper I take him off" 

There may well be more to this than originally met the eye although I am reticent to believe the written press when they all get their heads together and decide what the story is .

Leo91   

I could have sworn Willy was sent to warm up when Kepa went to ground the first time. He just made it through a late fitness test to start the match so he was already a concern in Sarri's eyes. Going down the second time it's natural to assume he's genuinely injured so Sarri instructs Caberello to strip off and make the change. Kepa, being absolutely fine, shakes his finger and signals no to the substitution. While to Sarri that interprets as a player too proud to come off in a cup final so he losses his rag. 

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Sorry, this really doesn't belong here, but this thread seems to be the most active right now and I wondered how many of you might have read this interesting, but lengthy piece in today's Telegraph?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/25/jose-Mourinho-exclusive-interview-next-job-will-club-right-structure/

Very interesting read with lots of good points from José. Thx for sharing. 

I think he'd be better suited for a smaller (for lack of a better word) club with a tighter and smaller team with similar visions on where they want to go. At clubs like Man U, Real and Chelsea there are too many different opinions at various sections of the clubs. I also don't think his personality is best suited to situations with many smaller conflicts over a lengthy period of time. 

What do you think of it (the article) Pete? 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I can see a distinct change in tactics across the media today with many sites now claiming that Sarri's introduction of Cabellero was indeed tactical and apparently nothing to do with the supposed injury to Kepa , the inference being that Willy has a reputation as a penalty stopper and would have introduced a "mind games" element to the shoot out .

Of course there is - anything to get clicks to their worthless piece of journalism. 

It's so obvious it was a sub because of a supposed injury. Why else would the doctor whisper in Sarri's ear? Why would Caballero only warm-up after Kepa went down? 

Two issues with the situation - communication between the medical department and Sarri and Arrizabalagas reaction. Nothing to see here but tjhat doesn't sell article clicks so they have to spin it in whatever way they can to make this a storm in a teacup.

3 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Most of it is hidden behind the Telegraph's paywall