• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester City 0 (3-4 Pens)

6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure how many times I need to say it but I assume by you talking about Those wearing rose tinted glasses you refer to me and your insistence that I'm a big fan of Sarri. 

I'm not, I don't care for him at all.  When he gets sacked I will not feel anything other than sorry for him as he's been handed an impossible job and was given 6 months by some called fans to do it in. 

We can continue to debate what happened on Sunday or we can move on and concentrate on what's important.

Thankfully the club have put it to bed straight away and all involved have acted accordingly. 

The comment was not directed at you

you are right let’s move on let’s see what happens tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see if the coach brings back the old guard or sticks with the Conte esq defend deep with 10 defenders and try and hit them counter?

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I think it's an absolute crock but If it were true then why on earth didn't Sarri let Kepa know beforehand ? Maybe this misunderstanding they are both referring to in their statements are Kepa misunderstanding that Sarri didn't think he was injured he just wanted to substitute him regardless .

Yup.  Or indeed let Caballero know - he would have spent at least 20 mins warming up.

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Very interesting read with lots of good points from José. Thx for sharing. 

I think he'd be better suited for a smaller (for lack of a better word) club with a tighter and smaller team with similar visions on where they want to go. At clubs like Man U, Real and Chelsea there are too many different opinions at various sections of the clubs. I also don't think his personality is best suited to situations with many smaller conflicts over a lengthy period of time. 

What do you think of it (the article) Pete? 

I really enjoyed the article. It's rare to see that much space allocated to an article like this. 

I found the detail on how Mourinho was focussing on the move into punditry very interesting indeed. I've not heard any other pundit speak so specifically about how they intended to approach their work in the role. It's certainly hard to imagine any of the regulars on MotD, Sky or BT thinking of adopting their own style as JM describes here.  Expressing a view on how the actual managers are setting up their teams for a match and what their intentions and strategy appears to be is insightful I think and adds value, whereas 90% plus of the pundits today go through the same old motions to fulfil a brief in the easiest way possible.

I knew that Jose had worked as a pundit for RT recently, but I didn't know about this new contract. I'd very much like to catch a programme with him on it.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Most of it is hidden behind the Telegraph's paywall

Most of what Bob?

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Most of it is hidden behind the Telegraph's paywall

It would appear that Pete is a closet Telegraph reader.  

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Most of what Bob?

The Article. If you sign up to the DT you can get to read one entire 'premium' article per week (I think) for free. If you wish to read more than one, you need to pay. I don't intend putting money into the pockets of of a couple of loony ultra-right wing brothers who avoid paying taxes in the UK.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

I really enjoyed the article. It's rare to see that much space allocated to an article like this. 

I found the detail on how Mourinho was focussing on the move into punditry very interesting indeed. I've not heard any other pundit speak so specifically about how they intended to approach their work in the role. It's certainly hard to imagine any of the regulars on MotD, Sky or BT thinking of adopting their own style as JM describes here.  Expressing a view on how the actual managers are setting up their teams for a match and what their intentions and strategy appears to be is insightful I think and adds value, whereas 90% plus of the pundits today go through the same old motions to fulfil a brief in the easiest way possible.

I knew that Jose had worked as a pundit for RT recently, but I didn't know about this new contract. I'd very much like to catch a programme with him on it.

Love him or loathe him, but no one can fault his knowledge of the game from a tactical POV. It is refreshing to see a pundit who actually knows what the hell 

It’ll be interesting to see where he goes from here. I’m not surprised to see him talk about joining a smaller team that wants to get to winning ways. I think his personality fits better with young and hungry players who are ready to run through a brick wall for the cause. Or at clubs who want to get to play with the big boys. There’s a common direction for everyone at the club and those players are less likely to come with massive egos. 

It’s where he’s enjoyed his greatest success (Porto, Chelsea round 1, Inter). 

He’s still been successful at Chelsea round 2, Man U and Real but perhaps not to the same degree imo. 

29 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The Article. If you sign up to the DT you can get to read one entire 'premium' article per week (I think) for free. If you wish to read more than one, you need to pay. I don't intend putting money into the pockets of of a couple of loony ultra-right wing brothers who avoid paying taxes in the UK.

Ah right and of course I agree with you, although I didn't have to pay anything to get access to the entirety of this article. I got to it from the BBC Sport Gossip link I think.