• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday 27th February, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Even if we weren't under the pressure to get fourth place that we are , this is the game I want to win more than any other , they've overtaken my hatred of Liverpool which was always based on being lauded for how good they used to be , by being lauded for being well organised winning nothing and having England's number nine in the side .

They're a bunch of absolute cheats and make Cities studied gamesmanship look like a bunch of clueless  rubes .

Expect their entire side to queue up to kick Hazard and none of them get booked for it , every time we break on them the player we take the ball off will roll around like we've broken every bone in their leg or they'll tug our shirts back and take a free kick knowing full well they won't get booked for it .

If Martin Atkinson referees this we lose .

Edited by Mark Kelly

Kepa 

Azpi Luiz Rudiger Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC

Odoi Higuain Hazard

Then mix it up for Fulham at the weekend. 

I was happy with the tactics today but we lack quality/form in a few areas. Willian, Pedro and Barkley should all make way imo. 

Have to agree with Mark up there; Spurs are similar to City in having that high-press/systematic fouling approach and making it work well. Not even meant as a criticism, think we could do with playing along those lines more often ourselves, but it does mean that having a referee who notices and gets cards out to respond to fouls rather than to 'manage' the game is particularly important.

Biggest worry is that Spurs have not had to work at all hard to score against us in recent years; a single mistake, two or three seconds delay in closing down, hopeful hit from range ... They've all gone in. We have not been reacting well to those sorts of blows in recent weeks.

Probably in a minority who does not necessarily want to see a repeat of the City tactics; I feel they were impressive only in comparison to being smashed 6-0 by the same opposition two weeks earlier. Their keeper didn't make a save until the first penalty, and I want to see us testing Spurs more than that.

12 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Even if we weren't under the pressure to get fourth place that we are , this is the game I want to win more than any other , they've overtaken my hatred of Liverpool which was always based on being lauded for how good they used to be , by being lauded for being well organised winning nothing and having England's number nine in the side .

They're a bunch of absolute cheats and make Cities studied gamesmanship look like a bunch of clueless  rubes .

Expect their entire side to queue up to kick Hazard and none of them get booked for it , every time we break on them the player we take the ball off will roll around like we've broken every bone in their leg or they'll tug our shirts back and take a free kick knowing full well they won't get booked for it .

If Martin Atkinson referees this we lose .

Always hated these more than liverpool. Liverpool are irritating but not a rival

Well this is a 'must-win' if there ever was one. 

For me, the team is clear;

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Rüdiger, Luiz, Emerson; Kanté, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Higuain, Hazard

It's time for Hudson-Odoi to get a start in a big game - but Sarri is under immense pressure to win. So most likely will go with Pedro. Loftus-Cheek is a no-brainer. So is Emerson.

paulw66   

I guess a lot will depend on how knackered some are from yesterday.

Poch must have been rubbing his hands when the game went into Extra Time. 

Holymoly   
14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Poch must have been rubbing his hands when the game went into Extra Time. 

Did anything happen to him after confronting the ref at the weekend?

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Did anything happen to him after confronting the ref at the weekend?

I expect he had a little cry and a lie down and felt better afterwards.