• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Did anything happen to him after confronting the ref at the weekend?

Yes, he got an email from the FA saying they were sorry they didn't win the game and to let them know if they need any future assitance with refereeing - starting Wednesday 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, he got an email from the FA saying they were sorry they didn't win the game and to let them know if they need any future assitance with refereeing - starting Wednesday 

And that the FA were removing Mike Dean from the game on Wednesday, as he had been so unfair to Spurs at the weekend.

Only, I am not actually joking.

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

And that the FA were removing Mike Dean from the game on Wednesday, as he had been so unfair to Spurs at the weekend.

Only, I am not actually joking.

And people laugh at me when I keep saying it's bent .

Vinod   

This game comes a bit too fast after a long and gruelling game against City. Regardless of the result and performance in that game, that we did not go for a relentless high press will mean that the players have a little more energy in reserve. Kepa needs to be put on suspension. I'll hold back RLC. He is an excellent player, but his physical condition is suspect. He is clearly prone to injuries. Spurs' will be out to kick us across the pitch, especially technical players like the wingers and RLC. Hazard and Willian are strong; RLC, not so much. I dont want him holding his back or hamstrings inside 30 minutes. I'd rather he comes on at 60 minutes when they back off a bit. Hopefully the ref will not shy away from pulling out cards. I expect too much.

As for Sarri, hopefully he has seen the light (like Willian). Same tactics, but maybe press more aggressively in our half.

Anyway,

Cabellaro

Azpi - Rudiger - Christensen - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - Barkley

CHO - Higuain - Hazard

Subs: 

RLC for Barkley on 60 minutes

It will be good to see Christensen start this game. He is virtually a London lad and would understand what it means to play Spurs. Also, the medium block will suit him. CHO for his threat on the flanks and again, because he is a local. 

DannyLB   
19 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Caballero and 10 others.

Kepa and 10 others.

If you think playing Caballero in this match gives us a better chance of winning then I'm happy you're not the manager. 

I'd go with:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC

CHO Higuain Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Alonso, Barkley, Kovacic, Pedro, Giroud

But I think we'll probably see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Higuain Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, CHO, Willian, Giroud

MUST win game this one. If we drop points here then I think top 4 has gone and I think Sarri will go with it. A win and we're still in with a slim chance of top 4. Mostly I want us to beat this Spurs side and convincingly, put them in their place!

Jasonb   

I would keep the same team regardless of the cup match.

Very light training with tactics advice.

Use the cup match result as a chance to get revenge on Spurs for previous misdemeanours.

Perhaps sub Kepa with 10 mins to go assuming the match is not on a knife edge.

3 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Kepa and 10 others.

If you think playing Caballero in this match gives us a better chance of winning then I'm happy you're not the manager. 

Nowhere did I suggest it gives us a better chance of winning and I'm quite happy not to be manager thanks. Kepa should be sat in the stands for this game.

Ham   
Just now, McCreadie said:

Nowhere did I suggest it gives us a better chance of winning and I'm quite happy not to be manager thanks. Kepa should be sat in the stands for this game.

By that logic, Spurs should send Poch to the stands for his behaviour at the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

By that logic, Spurs should send Poch to the stands for his behaviour at the weekend. 

Did not see what he did and cannot be bothered to look. My opinion is that Kepa undermined Sarri's authority and should not play this game.

Who knows, it might have been a "misunderstanding" based on a fake injury, but his reaction was, at the very least, disrespectful.

Either that, or he had cramp. Which, for a goalkeeper is beyond laughable.