• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Sea foot   

Can I just mention Luiz. Very solid in defence and didn't take any sh1t from the cry baby Kane.

• Like 1

Kante is absolutely immense. For me, he's in the top 5 in the world and any team would be desperate to have him. His teammates must love playing alongside him.

• Like 1

Not much said on here about Kane's attempted head butt on Azpi..

this came about because Harry Kane (m.b.e) decided to chase the ball down after Chelsea had put the ball out and Tottenham gave the ball back to Luiz who was immediately hunted down by mr M.B.E.

Azpi confronted Kane obviously asking Kane what he was playing at, and this resulted in attempted headbutt.

I Guantee he will get off because of who it is (he will do a shearer and tell the FA if they ban him forget picking me for England duty)

16 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Can I just mention Luiz. Very solid in defence and didn't take any sh1t from the cry baby Kane.

Yes, David was very good and always gives the impression to me that, even if he's struggling with his game, he's always proud to play for Chelsea.

BlueFizz   
12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kante is absolutely immense. For me, he's in the top 5 in the world and any team would be desperate to have him. His teammates must love playing alongside him.

Agree - and, amazingly, he's getting better.

We can argue about whether or not he should play in the 'holding position' but in reality, he's now so improved in the right-sided role that he's probably world-class there too.

I think he may be the only player I've ever seen (in 50 years or more of watching football) who can play in two positions at once. He did so last night, for sure.

31 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Yes , I thought he was great and to be fair he often is but when he makes the odd mistake the World decry's him as the worst player ever which is errant nonsense.

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He can play anywhere - just please please please, not of any oppo team!

14 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

We can argue about whether or not he should play in the 'holding position' but in reality, he's now so improved in the right-sided role that he's probably world-class there too.

I think he may be the only player I've ever seen (in 50 years or more of watching football) who can play in two positions at once. He did so last night, for sure.

Essien was box to box.  
Ballack I always thought was box or box (one or other depending on the state of the game)
Only Kante is box and box.

Dorigo, while not as involved so much, is the one player who could mark his RW from anywhere on the left flank,  

Edited by Droy was my hero

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

Great win. Second very good performance in a row, this time with a positive outcome.

What's changed?

For me, although there might be some tactical tweaks - did we sit a bit deeper again? Did Kante start more level with Jorginho and then surge forward? - what's really made the difference are some very basic sporting virtues: effort and heart.

We worked hard Sunday and last night. And last night the heart in the side was clear - for me, Rudi has become the 'emotional' captain of this side and I think it rubs off.

My worry is that we still don't get the need to double-up this effort and heart in the so-called 'easy games'. Based on past experience (and this goes back long before Sarri) I can imagine half our side not quite turning up effort/heart wise at Fulham.

But this was progress - however, it's no value if it doesn't become consistent progress.

I agree. I think it is something to do with playing at pace. We are always better when we do that. But it requires a lot of effort, a measure of luck and confidence. Fulham won't able to live with us if we play like this. IF...

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

The last two games have showed how absurd it would be to have Kante sitting just in front of the back 4. Would negate all the incredible work he does in the opponents half. 

50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes , I thought he was great and to be fair he often is but when he makes the odd mistake the World decry's him as the worst player ever which is errant nonsense.

Absolutely Mark. He excels when asked to play in a position and role which suits him.