• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

I really like Pedro, he rarely lets us down. He does lose posession more than some others because he tries stuff, some of which works out some not, but he is a positive player and a good worker. Much as I want to see Hudson Odoii progress, Pedro would always be my first choice in big games.

With the benefit of hindsight, fair play to Sarri on his handling of the Kepa situation. He’s somehow managed to turn a negative into a positive. 

Holymoly   

While I agree with all these positive comments on the players and the performance maybe we should all come back and relive these feelings we have today the next time we lose. Instead of boom or bust maybe a degree of circumspection is needed if we are all to make it through to the end of the season.

Just don't undo all this good work by buggering it up against Fulham!

:happy:

3 hours ago, Never happy said:

Not much said on here about Kane's attempted head butt on Azpi..

this came about because Harry Kane (m.b.e) decided to chase the ball down after Chelsea had put the ball out and Tottenham gave the ball back to Luiz who was immediately hunted down by mr M.B.E.

Azpi confronted Kane obviously asking Kane what he was playing at, and this resulted in attempted headbutt.

I Guantee he will get off because of who it is (he will do a shearer and tell the FA if they ban him forget picking me for England duty)

And there you go, NO FURTHER ACTION

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree - and, amazingly, he's getting better.

We can argue about whether or not he should play in the 'holding position' but in reality, he's now so improved in the right-sided role that he's probably world-class there too.

I think he may be the only player I've ever seen (in 50 years or more of watching football) who can play in two positions at once. He did so last night, for sure.

It was like Kante +  a fair dose of Hazard in one package. Really a joy to watch. All that was possible mainly because of the way we played last night. We created the space for him to attack. 

That is why I have been as shocked as bemused by what Sarri has been doing since August. You have players like Hazard, Willian and Kante who like to attack the space in front of them. Then you camp them at the edge of the opponent's box, denying them any space to use their pace and skills.  Its the worst worst worst kind of football I have ever seen from  a Chelsea team. 

Unfortunately, all too believable - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406099.

"Tottenham striker Harry Kane will face no punishment following an incident with Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta on Wednesday. England captain Kane, 25, appeared to move his head towards the Spaniard in an incident during Chelsea's 2-0 Premier League win at Stamford Bridge. Kane was not punished at the time and, as the incident was seen by officials, no further action will be taken. Tottenham host Arsenal in the north London derby on Saturday. The incident took place after Chelsea kicked the ball out of play to allow Spurs' Kieran Trippier to receive treatment. Kane pressurised Chelsea defender David Luiz when Tottenham returned the ball, and captain Azpilicueta confronted Kane before the pair were separated by Luiz."

Oddly, this was quite close to where I sat, and it looked more to me that Dave was asking Spitty to calm down. 

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Dorigo, while not as involved so much, is the one player who could mark his RW from anywhere on the left flank,  

Did he not tell the club to go forth and handed in a transfer request so he could go to dirty Leeds?

at least uncle ken and the club made a few bob on his transfer. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

8 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Did he not tell the club to go forth and handed in a transfer request so he could go to dirty Leeds?

Yeah and won the title too.   You gotta respect that.

kratos   
2 hours ago, Never happy said:

And there you go, NO FURTHER ACTION

Of course, you don't want to rub the England captain and greatest footballer who ever lived the wrong way.

At least Shearer never had a face that looks like a Picasso painting involved in an horrific car crash.

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

It was like Kante +  a fair dose of Hazard in one package. Really a joy to watch. All that was possible mainly because of the way we played last night. We created the space for him to attack. 

That is why I have been as shocked as bemused by what Sarri has been doing since August. You have players like Hazard, Willian and Kante who like to attack the space in front of them. Then you camp them at the edge of the opponent's box, denying them any space to use their pace and skills.  Its the worst worst worst kind of football I have ever seen from  a Chelsea team. 

I agree that it looked better when we sat slightly deeper and enabled that space for players to attack - however, this is feasible against City (who will automatically force any side to sit deep as they attack) and Spurs, who have ambition to do so too. I'm not sure it would work so well if we sat off less ambitious sides. They would, arguably, just sit off us too and take the boring draw.

I think any top side has to have a strategy for dealing with opponents who sit on the edge of their own box.