• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yeah and won the title too.   You gotta respect that.

Always loved Tony Dorigo even if he went to Leeds.  The break away goal against Man City at Maine Road when we beat them 3-1 to almost guarantee the league title in ‘87 will always be a highlight.

JaneB   
7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kante is absolutely immense. For me, he's in the top 5 in the world and any team would be desperate to have him. His teammates must love playing alongside him.

He is absolutely beyond description, in a good way. And what a role model.

6 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, David was very good and always gives the impression to me that, even if he's struggling with his game, he's always proud to play for Chelsea.

Well, as you know, you're leaning against an open door with me with that comment.  Should be captain.

2 hours ago, blue moon said:

Unfortunately, all too believable - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406099.

"Tottenham striker Harry Kane will face no punishment following an incident with Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta on Wednesday. England captain Kane, 25, appeared to move his head towards the Spaniard in an incident during Chelsea's 2-0 Premier League win at Stamford Bridge. Kane was not punished at the time and, as the incident was seen by officials, no further action will be taken. Tottenham host Arsenal in the north London derby on Saturday. The incident took place after Chelsea kicked the ball out of play to allow Spurs' Kieran Trippier to receive treatment. Kane pressurised Chelsea defender David Luiz when Tottenham returned the ball, and captain Azpilicueta confronted Kane before the pair were separated by Luiz."

Oddly, this was quite close to where I sat, and it looked more to me that Dave was asking Spitty to calm down. 

Kane and Azpilicueta having a dust up aren't the first two players I would think of.  Dave isn't passionate enough, that's his problem.  And is it just me but surely Harry Kane hasn't always been this annoying has he?  He doesn't like it now because things aren't going his way.  And I'd forgotten about the MBE.  I mean, what exactly is that for?  He's 25 years old and has never won a trophy.  Only mediocrity gets rewarded these days.  

25 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well, as you know, you're leaning against an open door with me with that comment.  Should be captain.

Yep, I'd support that.

50 minutes ago, JaneB said:

And is it just me but surely Harry Kane hasn't always been this annoying has he?  He doesn't like it now because things aren't going his way.  And I'd forgotten about the MBE.  I mean, what exactly is that for?  He's 25 years old and has never won a trophy.  Only mediocrity gets rewarded these days.  

Always did annoy me, Jane. But not as much as of late. To be honest, and although it pains me to say so, when he’s in form he’s a great player - albeit in the wrong team. But this recent descent is beyond the pail, and nutting little Dave? It’s like kicking a Labrador pup.

24 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep, I'd support that.

Ditto, and with Ampadu as vice captain. Visually disturbing, and might stimulate a plague of wannabe hairstyles among the aspiring youth of Cobham, but I sense we need someone more ... stimulating .... at the helm. The only other man I’d give the job to is Tony.

JaneB   
46 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Always did annoy me, Jane. But not as much as of late. To be honest, and although it pains me to say so, when he’s in form he’s a great player - albeit in the wrong team. But this recent descent is beyond the pail, and nutting little Dave? It’s like kicking a Labrador pup.

Well yes he can be a great player. Wish we had him tbh. Perhaps it's all gone to his head.

Aww, Zola's like a Labrador pup too.

We need a Rottweiler as captain.

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

I think any top side has to have a strategy for dealing with opponents who sit on the edge of their own box.

That is precisely the point, that at this level the manager should have tactics not only for every opponent, but for different stages of one game. We just repeat the same thing match in matxh out. Even the most effective tactics get decoded by your opponents after a few games. 

27 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

That is precisely the point, that at this level the manager should have tactics not only for every opponent, but for different stages of one game. We just repeat the same thing match in matxh out. Even the most effective tactics get decoded by your opponents after a few games. 

True, all the same there are major coaches throughout the world who stick to one way of playing whatever the opposition. Bielsa is one and is much admired by many, including Guardiola who can be said to be another, along with Klopp, Pocchetino etc.

47 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Really? 

And here I thought the new memo was about how the players had rebelled against Sarri to play their own style? 

The backtracking on here is like sweet chocolate fudge. 

Blue Rod   
45 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Really? 

And here I thought the new memo was about how the players had rebelled against Sarri to play their own style? 

The backtracking on here is like sweet chocolate fudge. 

That's a bit rich from someone of the brigade that believes that the players are not good enough for Sarri. Every time Sarri dishes out his rubbish tactics, you are his number one apologist, blaming it on the players. Last night must have looked like a fluke to you then, or you'd rather see it as Sarri making wine out of water. 

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

True, all the same there are major coaches throughout the world who stick to one way of playing whatever the opposition. Bielsa is one and is much admired by many, including Guardiola who can be said to be another, along with Klopp, Pocchetino etc.

Well, even Guardiola does tweak his tactics gently, sometimes with a sub, other times without. The philosophy of overwhelming the opponents in attack may remain the hallmark of Guardiola's philosophy. But when David Silva is not playing, for example, you'd find that City go earlier and faster on the wings. Just one of many tweaks. 

And maintaining a system that works, but only tweaking it slightly cannot be as bad as persisting with one that is patently flawed and sticking rigidly to it.

Edited by Blue Rod