• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

chara   

Kane..agree with most about his attitude...seems to have adopted a different approach of late..I remember at the "Battle Of Stamford Bridge" his was the only yellow that I could accept as he was obviously upset about the way his side were playing and he "tried" too hard..unlike Yesterday when he was just obnoxious.

I think I noted three Chelsea freekicks in the Spurs half in first 3/4 minutes. Lot of FKs awarded but no YCards to "warn"..such a cynical side on defence...we may have "issues" but no such resorting to constant cynical fouls.

18 minutes ago, chara said:

Kane..agree with most about his attitude...seems to have adopted a different approach of late..I remember at the "Battle Of Stamford Bridge" his was the only yellow that I could accept as he was obviously upset about the way his side were playing and he "tried" too hard..unlike Yesterday when he was just obnoxious.

I think I noted three Chelsea freekicks in the Spurs half in first 3/4 minutes. Lot of FKs awarded but no YCards to "warn"..such a cynical side on defence...we may have "issues" but no such resorting to constant cynical fouls.

Kane to be fair, is not fully fit in a match his team were struggling in.  And he was worse towards the end and losing it.  The studs up challenge on Luiz (by someone else, forgotten who) was first half I think.  

I think there were all 7 or 8 first fouls in first 20 mins were by Spurs.  More if the ref had been firmer.

What slightly worries me is that Spurs Chelsea games have a reputation.  We have seen more than one ref lose control by encouraging a spicy contest.  Clattenberg being the most disgraceful.  Yet this ref clearly made a decision to not intervene and "let the blood game flow".  And the commentators praised him for that.

kev61   
17 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree - and, amazingly, he's getting better.

We can argue about whether or not he should play in the 'holding position' but in reality, he's now so improved in the right-sided role that he's probably world-class there too.

I think he may be the only player I've ever seen (in 50 years or more of watching football) who can play in two positions at once. He did so last night, for sure.

Kante is a once in a life time player he is that good.He covers ground like a cheetah and we are lucky to have him.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kane to be fair, is not fully fit in a match his team were struggling in. 

Kane, to be accurate (forget 'fair'), is a thorough-going d***head, who seems to believe that the game 'owes' him. Underneath the 'HARRY KANE!!!!" nonsense from the commentators and newspapers, he's too often, an unpleasant piece of work - a bully. Great while everything is going his way, but at the end of the day a typical Spurs player.  As for his 'Bob Hope' nose, the sooner somebody flattens that for him, the better. 

No, you're correct - I don't like him one little bit........:).

10 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

That's a bit rich from someone of the brigade that believes that the players are not good enough for Sarri. Every time Sarri dishes out his rubbish tactics, you are his number one apologist, blaming it on the players. Last night must have looked like a fluke to you then, or you'd rather see it as Sarri making wine out of water. 

I’m hardly Sarris number one apologist. I’m trying to balance the views out a bit because between yourself, Kev, Bob and a few others the stuff that’s been said about Sarri is appalling.

But hands down the most ludicrous accusation you lot direct at him is that he plays”that slow rubbish Sarri-ball”. I know you have high thoughts of yourself, but at least give the man the courtesy of describing his style correctly. It’s easy to find out if you’d care. 

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Kane, to be accurate (forget 'fair'), is a thorough-going d***head, who seems to believe that the game 'owes' him. Underneath the 'HARRY KANE!!!!" nonsense from the commentators and newspapers, he's too often, an unpleasant piece of work - a bully. Great while everything is going his way, but at the end of the day a typical Spurs player.  As for his 'Bob Hope' nose, the sooner somebody flattens that for him, the better. 

They have plenty of that type. Danny Rose, Dele Alli, Verthongen to name a few.

They are a dirty side full of sore losers. 

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yup - normally a team of sore losers is made up of players that are used to winning. These Tottenham players have got like this without going through the "winning" phase.

You forgot Dier BTW. 

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Bang on. He reminds me of Rooney. Basically gets away with anything because he's England chief CF. 

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I’m hardly Sarris number one apologist. I’m trying to balance the views out a bit because between yourself, Kev, Bob and a few others the stuff that’s been said about Sarri is appalling.

But hands down the most ludicrous accusation you lot direct at him is that he plays”that slow rubbish Sarri-ball”. I know you have high thoughts of yourself, but at least give the man the courtesy of describing his style correctly. It’s easy to find out if you’d care. 

Anybody that describes Sarri's style of football like that quite clearly didn't watch a single minute of his Napoli side, who were quite simply brilliant to watch.

Some on here don't like the man, they don't want him here and I fully respect that but some of the things being said about him and what has or hasn't happened this season are laughable.  

Blue rod even went as far as saying he had spent a lot of time  criticising  'non white players' after he criticised Kante and there was something wrong with his body language towards Kantes performances and goals. 

Ham   

I've no problem with the alleged head butt because I don't think there was anything in it.

What really showed the mark of the team was;

° When Trippier went down holding his face when Hazard's arm had connected with his neck, purely to break up a Chelsea break. Trippier gets straight back up after its given.

° Immediately after that Kane chases down Luiz when the ball is returned to us. 

Those 30 seconds speak volumes.

They are by far the most cynical team in the country and it comes from their manager.

Another thing I've noticed over the years since he's been at the club is how they appear to actively buy/simulate fouls once they get into a wide area so that they can get an unimpeded cross into the box. 

They do it far too often for it not to be a tactic.

Blue Rod   
28 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I’m hardly Sarris number one apologist. .... ....., But hands down the most ludicrous accusation you lot direct at him is that he plays”that slow rubbish Sarri-ball”. I know you have high thoughts of yourself, but at least give the man the courtesy of describing his style correctly. 

Sarri's football is slow and is rubbish.  That is my assessment of it. Your assessment all along has been that we don't have the players to play good football. In Hazard, Willian, Pedro, we have three top forwards. In Kante we have a world class defensive midfielder ( your band member call a him box to box, whatever than means) ... I can go on about the players we have. So when we lose to teams like Bournemoth, all you can come up with is that our players are somehow inferior to theirs.  What can be more ludicrous than that? 

Blue Rod   
17 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Anybody that describes Sarri's style of football like that quite clearly didn't watch a single minute of his Napoli side, who were quite simply brilliant to watch.

Some on here don't like the man, they don't want him here and I fully respect that but some of the things being said about him and what has or hasn't happened this season are laughable.  

Blue rod even went as far as saying he had spent a lot of time  criticising  'non white players' after he criticised Kante and there was something wrong with his body language towards Kantes performances and goals. 

I stand by my words. Sarri's comments about Kante were at best condescending.  He talked about him not being a technical players. After Hazard, Kante packs the highest collection of technical skills in our entire squad. To refer to technical ability as only being able to pass a ball shows a man who does not know what he is talking about. 

We are not Napoli. Whatever happened at Napoli under Sarri is as relevant to Chelsea as Leicester winning the PL was relevant to Fulham, until yesterday.