• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Sarri's football is slow and is rubbish.  That is my assessment of it. Your assessment all along has been that we don't have the players to play good football. In Hazard, Willian, Pedro, we have three top forwards. In Kante we have a world class defensive midfielder ( your band member call a him box to box, whatever than means) ... I can go on about the players we have. So when we lose to teams like Bournemoth, all you can come up with is that our players are somehow inferior to theirs.  What can be more ludicrous than that? 

Literally nobody said that. We also lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth last season. Was that Sarri's fault?

8 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I stand by my words. Sarri's comments about Kante were at best condescending.  He talked about him not being a technical players. After Hazard, Kante packs the highest collection of technical skills in our entire squad. To refer to technical ability as only being able to pass a ball shows a man who does not know what he is talking about. 

We are not Napoli. Whatever happened at Napoli under Sarri is as relevant to Chelsea as Leicester winning the PL was relevant to Fulham, until yesterday. 

Plain wrong. Kante is a brilliant player, but his biggest attributes are his physical ones - the ability to be just about everywhere, never get tired and looking as fresh in the last 10 as he does in the first. From a pure technical standpoint, I wouldnt put Kante in our top 5 or 6. 

Blue Rod   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Literally nobody said that. We also lost 3-0 at home to Bournemouth last season. Was that Sarri's fault?

Plain wrong. Kante is a brilliant player, but his biggest attributes are his physical ones - the ability to be just about everywhere, never get tired and looking as fresh in the last 10 as he does in the first. From a pure technical standpoint, I wouldnt put Kante in our top 5 or 6. 

Absolute rubbish. Tackling and ball winning is as technical as it gets. Kante is hardly a juggernaut of a person. To suggest that what he does is because of his physical ability is as ignorant and stereotyped as it gets.

Have you ever tried running with the ball at speed and navigating obstacles? What about his shooting, where he makes Jorginho look like an amateur? 

Keeping the ball is another technical skill, which is why he gets robbed less often than Jorginho

Kante's dribbling and ball control also puts Jorginho to shame. I can't see any area where Jorginho has more technical than Kante, except  maybe at pinging aimless passes.

• Like 1

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Absolute rubbish. Tackling and ball winning is as technical as it gets. Kante is hardly a juggernaut of a person. To suggest that what he does is because of his physical ability is as ignorant and stereotyped as it gets.

Have you ever tried running with the ball at speed and navigating obstacles? What about his shooting, where he makes Jorginho look like an amateur? 

Keeping the ball is another technical skill, which is why he gets robbed less often than Jorginho

Kante's dribbling and ball control also puts Jorginho to shame. I can't see any area where Jorginho has more technical than Kante, except  maybe at pinging aimless passes.

why are you going on about Jorginho? I didn't mention him once 

Blue Rod   
Just now, paulw66 said:

why are you going on about Jorginho? I didn't mention him once 

Well, whom do you want to compare him with? The original Sarri comment was about Kante vs Jorginho in that CM role. Why not address my questions how our smallest player does all those things only because of his physical ability? 

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

Well, whom do you want to compare him with? 

Nobody. I never said I did. 

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

As for his 'Bob Hope' nose, the sooner somebody flattens that for him, the better. 

Who has the biggest nose for flattening 

Courtois or Kane?

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Yup - normally a team of sore losers is made up of players that are used to winning. These Tottenham players have got like this without going through the "winning" phase.

You forgot Dier BTW. 

To be fair I probably forgot more than just Dier! 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Anybody that describes Sarri's style of football like that quite clearly didn't watch a single minute of his Napoli side, who were quite simply brilliant to watch.

Some on here don't like the man, they don't want him here and I fully respect that but some of the things being said about him and what has or hasn't happened this season are laughable.  

Yes - I have no problem with people disliking Sarri. But at least dislike him on grounds that are logical and not completely made up. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Sarri's football is slow and is rubbish.  That is my assessment of it. Your assessment all along has been that we don't have the players to play good football. In Hazard, Willian, Pedro, we have three top forwards. In Kante we have a world class defensive midfielder ( your band member call a him box to box, whatever than means) ... I can go on about the players we have. So when we lose to teams like Bournemoth, all you can come up with is that our players are somehow inferior to theirs.  What can be more ludicrous than that? 

Sarri's football is not slow and rubbish - that's just you showing your lack of knowledge here I'm afraid. It's not even a debate - you are wrong. 

Kanté woul dbe totally wasted in that CM role Jorginho plays. Sitting deep, recycling possession and not going on those surging runs. You'd be a madman not to utilise Kanté's amazing mobility and speed. It has been highlighted many times, but the first 6 games or so Kanté was wasted at DM by Conte. It was very obvious to everyone that is not his best position. Asking Kanté to sit deep protecting the back four would be like asking C Ronaldo to mainly focus on defensive corners because he's a great header of the ball. 

We lost to Bournemouth last season as well. No idea where you are going with that comment.

59 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I stand by my words. Sarri's comments about Kante were at best condescending.  He talked about him not being a technical players. After Hazard, Kante packs the highest collection of technical skills in our entire squad.

This is crazy stuff Rod and I don't think that you seriously believe this. 

30 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

The original Sarri comment was about Kante vs Jorginho in that CM role. Why not address my questions how our smallest player does all those things only because of his physical ability? 

I think the main issue is that you don't understand the regista role at all. A regista is not a DM in the mould of Kanté. It's like arguing that Vinny Jones and Andrea Pirlo played the same role.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Not in the top 20.  Include the loanees and Academy, probably not in the top 50.

Still brilliant.

paulw66   
41 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I think the main issue is that you don't understand the regista role at all. A regista is not a DM in the mould of Kanté. It's like arguing that Vinny Jones and Andrea Pirlo played the same role.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not in the top 20.  Include the loanees and Academy, probably not in the top 50.

Still brilliant.

TBF I think what the three of us (and most people) define as "technical" is different to Rod. 

When I am talkng about the technical attributes of a footballer, I am talking about their ability on the ball.......passing, control, shooting, dribbling, having 2 good feet etc. Tackling, positioning, speed, stamina all fall into a different category(ies)

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

TBF I think what the three of us (and most people) define as "technical" is different to Rod. 

When I am talkng about the technical attributes of a footballer, I am talking about their ability on the ball.......passing, control, shooting, dribbling, having 2 good feet etc. Tackling, positioning, speed, stamina all fall into a different 

I always suspected that the problem with the likes of you, Droy, and Ghost, is your rather primitive understanding of what constitutes technical skills in football. Even if I accept your bizarre interpretation of technical skills, I still don't see how Jorginho does better than Kante in overall technical ability.

Kante shoots better than Jorginho. He dribbles better.  He has better ball control. Jorginho may pass the ball marginally better, but I am not even sure of this. So where is the technical superiority of Jorginho?

Edited by Blue Rod