• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

finger and son of a bitch - I think you'll agree that the facts squarely back me up on 2 out of 2. 

Why, because you choose to believe the Jose version of events? That's your choice, but it doesn't make them 'facts'. 

Quote

After all you consider yourself the wise man on here.

Nope, never considered myself that, but don't let that hold you back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Tucker said:

Why, because you choose to believe the Jose version of events? That's your choice, but it doesn't make them 'facts'. 

It is also the Spanish FA's version of events, and no one present has claimed different.

And it is the English FA's version of events after their investigation into lip reading.

The question is why, given the complete absence of firm evidence to the contrary does anyone take seriously claims that have been rejected by the 2 FAs?
It is a serious question - why do people chose to believe what is clearly unlikely and lacks evidence?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A similar tactical setup and I reckon we beat these losers. Sarri had some teething problems but, honestly, we are a terrific side if properly utilized and he seems willing to now. 

Hopefully Emerson continues, Barkley plays instead of Kovacic, maybe we can see less of Willian and more of Hazard and a striker... Even Ruben Loftus-Cheek ahead of Kovacic instead of Kovacic-Barkley is a real step in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is also the Spanish FA's version of events, and no one present has claimed different.

And it is the English FA's version of events after their investigation into lip reading.

The question is why, given the complete absence of firm evidence to the contrary does anyone take seriously claims that have been rejected by the 2 FAs?
It is a serious question - why do people chose to believe what is clearly unlikely and lacks evidence?  

I always find it 'funny' who you choose to believe (hold up for support)  when it suits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

The way I look at it the Kepa issue is that it is resolved internally. Kepa has been punished for disobeying the manager, the manager's authority is reasserted and it won't happen again. So we move to the next game. Losers lick their wounds, while winners ask whether we can we use these things as a tool to get more out of the players. A bit of ruthlessness would not go amiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I always find it 'funny' who you choose to believe (hold up for support)  when it suits. 

Perhaps you should make a choice sometimes instead of taking a superior view of things where you get to laugh at people while never taking a point of view yourself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

A similar tactical setup and I reckon we beat these losers. Sarri had some teething problems but, honestly, we are a terrific side if properly utilized and he seems willing to now. 

Hopefully Emerson continues, Barkley plays instead of Kovacic, maybe we can see less of Willian and more of Hazard and a striker... Even Ruben Loftus-Cheek ahead of Kovacic instead of Kovacic-Barkley is a real step in the right direction.

It's been a useful loan for Kovacic - we've seen enough of him to know he's not worth breaking the bank for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Same team again except Jorgi.We are near  a good team Sarri please listen .

Kev , you may as well be asking for the same team but no goalkeeper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Why does everyone focus on the fact that it was a female that cocked up?  

Why ask, you know the answer. 

I find it sexist to claim you have to behave differently because it's a woman. She's an employee in a high-octane environment. Woman or not, things get said and people get angry. Her sex is unimportant. 

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is a serious question - why do people chose to believe what is clearly unlikely and lacks evidence?  

Not getting into the dicsussion of what happened or not, but as a general comment - people believe whatever fits their own agenda. Confirmation bias. 

Just look at Sarri and the teams performances. Bob Singleton claims that when the team plays well it's the players who have decided how to play and when the team plays badly they have decided to adhere to the managers instructions. Clearly fairytales but there you go. 

21 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

It's been a useful loan for Kovacic - we've seen enough of him to know he's not worth breaking the bank for.

Agreed.

He'd be worth buying if we could get him for around £30m. He's not a bad player by any means and I also think it's worth remembering he's barely played for two seasons and it's his first season in the PL. As a Kanté back-up he'd do just fine.

But the reality is that Real would probably be asking for £50m+. Maybe even £60m upwards. And that would be a foolish transfer on our behalf. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.