• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

kev61   

The team that nearly won us the cup is the way forward.We are a top class team if only Sarri could see it.

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

He'd be worth buying if we could get him for around £30m. He's not a bad player by any means and I also think it's worth remembering he's barely played for two seasons and it's his first season in the PL. As a Kanté back-up he'd do just fine.

You could say the same thing about Barkley.  Which makes it disappointing that RLC has struggled to get picked ahead of either given he played almost a whole season last year in the Prem.

7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The team that nearly won us the cup is the way forward.We are a top class team if only Sarri could see it.

I take it you were the only one not calling Sarri an idiot when he has picked Hazard before at CF.

24 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Agreed.

He'd be worth buying if we could get him for around £30m. He's not a bad player by any means and I also think it's worth remembering he's barely played for two seasons and it's his first season in the PL. As a Kanté back-up he'd do just fine.

But the reality is that Real would probably be asking for £50m+. Maybe even £60m upwards. And that would be a foolish transfer on our behalf. 

20 million pound player at best IMO. Its a shame because he is very gifted with the ball at his feet. If only he could use that ability to impact a game one day.

4 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

20 million pound player at best IMO. Its a shame because he is very gifted with the ball at his feet. If only he could use that ability to impact a game one day.

We can discuss the absolute level of an acceptable fee all day long. 

But the main point is that he isn't a big-ticket-item - I.e. not worth breaking the bank for. I think we both agree on that:) 

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You could say the same thing about Barkley.  Which makes it disappointing that RLC has struggled to get picked ahead of either given he played almost a whole season last year in the Prem.

Yes - Barkley is also a back-up player at best. With back-up I mean part of a 20 man outfield squad that plays a meaningful part. 

I'm living in the hope that the only barrier for RLC to not be our first choice CM8 has been his injuries. If it isn't, I'd critisise Sarri a lot for that decision. The lad is a natural. Technique is right up there, quick on the turn and great at recycling posession. Plus he actually wants to get into the box and is menacing when driving forward with the ball at his feet. 

I think he can be some player over the next few seasons. If he gets over his injury issues and gets a proper chance to prove himself. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Yes - Barkley is also a back-up player at best. With back-up I mean part of a 20 man outfield squad that plays a meaningful part. 

I'm living in the hope that the only barrier for RLC to not be our first choice CM8 has been his injuries. If it isn't, I'd critisise Sarri a lot for that decision. The lad is a natural. Technique is right up there, quick on the turn and great at recycling posession. Plus he actually wants to get into the box and is menacing when driving forward with the ball at his feet. 

I think he can be some player over the next few seasons. If he gets over his injury issues and gets a proper chance to prove himself. 

Every time RLC looks like he's about get a run at no.8 he gets injured. Whilst the plodders Kovacic and Barkley are fit every week.

paulw66   

I hope Kepa plays. If Willy plays and he has a shocker, it will just compound the issue. 

Let's pick our best team and get on with it. 

Be interesting to see who plays - thought everyone, including the subs, did well on Sunday. Maybe one or two of those who played 120 minutes might get a rest.

DannyLB   
41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I hope Kepa plays. If Willy plays and he has a shocker, it will just compound the issue. 

Let's pick our best team and get on with it. 

Be interesting to see who plays - thought everyone, including the subs, did well on Sunday. Maybe one or two of those who played 120 minutes might get a rest.

Agreed. Apologies have been given out as well as fines. Chapter is closed, best to move on and put the best team out there. 

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Well RLC has only shown glimpses of that talent on the pitch this season.  And several games and numerous 25 mins of disappointing performances.  If he is showing the same in training, he can hardly expect to start, and we can hardly blame Sarri for not seeing the talent either.

3 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Every time RLC looks like he's about get a run at no.8 he gets injured. Whilst the plodders Kovacic and Barkley are fit every week.

Woody Allen said the secret of success is just turning up.  Sooner or later a history of injuries has to count against a player (and indeed it does for Barkley too).

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well RLC has only shown glimpses of that talent on the pitch this season.  And several games and numerous 25 mins of disappointing performances.  If he is showing the same in training, he can hardly expect to start, and we can hardly blame Sarri for not seeing the talent either.

Woody Allen said the secret of success is just turning up.  Sooner or later a history of injuries has to count against a player (and indeed it does for Barkley too).

That’s your subjective opinion.

I think he’s looked better than his direct competitors for that last CM spot basically every time he’s entered the pitch. 

That is my subjective opinion;) 

So for me, your comment isn’t valid for the claim I’m making because I think you are wrong. Ruben has shown enough to be given more time on the pitch.