• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I think a public apology from Sarri for his reaction wouldn't have gone amiss.

Have a look at the faces of Barkley and others on the subs bench as he's effing and jeffing and throwing his toys around.

Nobody, apart from Rudiger, came out of this well. 

Rudiger has been a bright spot and isn’t given enough credit for how much he has improved this season. He can still be a wee bit reckless but rather too much intensity than too little. Captain material for sure. 

paulw66   

I would play

Kepa, Azpi, AC, Rudi, Emerson, Jorginho, Kante, RLC, CHO, Hazard, Higuain. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I would play

Kepa, Azpi, AC, Rudi, Emerson, Jorginho, Kante, RLC, CHO, Hazard, Higuain. 

I wouldn’t want to see RLC AND Jorginho against their midfield. Kante and Kovacic have to play. We don’t match up well with them as they have the perfect weapon in Alli/Son to neutralise Jorginho. Players that can defend Jorginho and at the same time possess the ability to transition to attack very quickly when they win the ball. We have to counter that somehow. I think playing Kovacic or Kante closer to Jorginho is necessary. 

bONes   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Have a look at the faces of Barkley and others on the subs bench as he's effing and jeffing and throwing his toys around.

Totally agreed.

I thought Sarri could have handled the situation in calmer manner - at the end of the day Ref went to him and asked if he wanted to make a sub, looks like he said "no".

Fine to fine Kepa for his reaction. Move on now then!

42 minutes ago, bONes said:

I thought Sarri could have handled the situation in calmer manner - at the end of the day Ref went to him and asked if he wanted to make a sub, looks like he said "no".

There are rules about what a ref can do in this situation.  They say if the player doesn't want to come off, the ref should play on, irrespective of what the manager wants.
So I presume that the ref just went to inform Sarri that nothing could be done.

I still think that the medics and Kepa decided to waste time while Sarri wanted us to play on as fast as possible, even to the point of subbing Kepa off if it took any longer.  His anger was with communication with the medics (which is why he blew when the club doctor spoke to him, and disappeared before he could say anything picked up by the cameras).

BlueFizz   
3 hours ago, Ham said:

You don’t think it possible that he has apologised to them in private, in the work place, so to speak?

This seems appropriate to me. Never forget - 90% of what happens in CFC, we never see. And quite rightly so.

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

the coach has gone from "it was just a misunderstanding" to "he has been fined and I am not sure if he will start tomorrow"

Absolute buffoonery  

Kepa wasn't even on the bench against Malmo due to a hamstring injury. We don't as yet know if both or either of the times he required treatment on Sunday was genuine or (pointless) time-wasting on his part. So it may be that Keppa isn't picked purely down to fitness reasons... although I'm sure the press and many fans will put a different spin on it.

Tonight depends much on us solving our biggest issue, putting the damn ball in the net. We haven't scored in the last 3 games against half decent opposition and Higuain hasnt really had a chance to get going form or fitness wise (though I blame the system more than the player-look at Morata back at Athletico...) so creating/taking chances has to be improved for us not to lose. I can see it being a 0-0 or 1-1

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Tonight depends much on us solving our biggest issue, putting the damn ball in the net. We haven't scored in the last 3 games against half decent opposition and Higuain hasnt really had a chance to get going form or fitness wise (though I blame the system more than the player-look at Morata back at Athletico...) so creating/taking chances has to be improved for us not to lose. I can see it being a 0-0 or 1-1

Yes, the 1 goal he has scored, really putting a nail in our decision to send him away on loan.