• Current Donation Goals

chelboy   
23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Jorginho was excellent today just look how the midfield completely lost shape when he went off , Kovacic was covering the ground like he thought he was Kante and leaving massive holes everywhere.

I think Kova gave us legs when he came on. Jorg was tiring and losing a few 50/50’s. Kova held it well the problem was we started to tire and had nothing running in behind. I like Kova in this position because defensively he is more solid and does not need Kante as close but his positioning in the build up play is not always good. If he plays there more often I think he can grow in that position and improve. 

Vinod   

If Everton had a slightly better team, they could have easily nicked all 3 points today. 

5 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Claudio is good at maintaining fairly high-level teams at a reasonable level, but not a trophy expert like Guardiola or Mourinho.

Interesting post and maybe I'm labouring the point here, but I think the unfortunate truth is that Claudio has a pretty poor record not just in terms of the relentless, ruthless winning you fairly say most fall short on but even on the terms you describe. He has very often been removed from jobs not that long after starting them, which doesn't suggest those employing him think he's maintaining much of anything. 

Feel like I'm piling into him now, but I'm honestly not. 

Two very good goals today, but couldn't watch the game. Pleased to hear Jorginho did well. 

kev61   
7 minutes ago, Vinod said:

If Everton had a slightly better team, they could have easily nicked all 3 points today. 

If only we had a slightly better team we could be a nailed on a top four finish

• Like 1

kev61   
3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Interesting post and maybe I'm labouring the point here, but I think the unfortunate truth is that Claudio has a pretty poor record not just in terms of the relentless, ruthless winning you fairly say most fall short on but even on the terms you describe. He has very often been removed from jobs not that long after starting them, which doesn't suggest those employing him think he's maintaining much of anything. 

Feel like I'm piling into him now, but I'm honestly not. 

Two very good goals today, but couldn't watch the game. Pleased to hear Jorginho did well. 

He won the premiership with a motley crew does that count in your expertise of the game?

Vinod   
11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

If only we had a slightly better team we could be a nailed on a top four finish

I'd argue we have a much better team compared to Man Utd and Arsenal.

kev61   
1 minute ago, Vinod said:

I'd argue we have a much better team compared to Man Utd and Arsenal.

I know what you mean.Take Jorginho and Barkley out of the equation and we will step up a level imo.

21 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He won the premiership with a motley crew does that count in your expertise of the game?

Not count for what? 

You could always read the whole exchange rather than make sarky digs. Besides, surely the fact that you've worn football boots once makes you the arbiter anyway? 

JaneB   
8 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Jane, this is a tad unfair; he's obviously a lovely bloke and I said as much. It's clear loads of people have a high opinion of him, but I can't help but notice you didn't assert that that he was especially good at being a football manager, and instead just positioned me in an unflattering way. 

The thing is I post with my heart and not my head.

For some reason I still feel very protective of Claudio. (I still remember him shedding a tear when we beat Arsenal in the CL 😢). 

I hate seeing kind and dignified people being made fun of, not that I'm suggesting you were doing that and I think the phrase 'positioned me in an unflattering way' is great! Truth is you are very articulate and knowledgeable so I doubt I could do that anyway. 

Maybe I still feel some guilt that having been very upset when he was sacked, I quickly developed a huge crush on the special one and never looked back for a few years.

Of course he isn't a top top manager and maybe his methods are becoming outdated, I don't know, but he certainly wasn't given much time at Fulham, who will go down anyway.

I'm comforted by the fact that, however it came about, Claudio will always be the manager who won the PL with Leicester City and he deserves the highest praise for that. Danny Simpson and Drinkwater maybe mediocre players (the latter hasn't been given a fair go here) but he still got them to perform at a title winning standard.

kev61   
14 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not count for what? 

You could always read the whole exchange rather than make sarky digs. Besides, surely the fact that you've worn football boots once makes you the arbiter anyway? 

I've read the whole exchange thank you - you,The ghost and dwmh are like robots that are fed data by human beings that in turn reply in some sort of robotic way - the stepford wives!