• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

It is a fact that I got 99.9% in my music exam at school - it is also a fact that I can't play a musical instrument to save my life is there a correlation between playing football and  describing the game?

Indeed, as well as knowing about a foreign language and being able to actually speak it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 4:12 AM, kev61 said:

And if you listen to Mozart..always the optimist - sorry for boring people to death I'm off for a week!

Well that's the understatement of the decade so far.

Rude and constantly off topic harassing other members on here, unless you rant on about something completely non-football related.

I simply don't understand how it can be so difficult to act civilised towards other humans and keep on topic? I'd have thought most of us are fairly uninterested in your taste of music.For the ones who are not, perhaps you could form your own music forum and discuss it there?  

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   
11 hours ago, kev61 said:

It is a fact that I got 99.9% in my music exam at school - it is also a fact that I can't play a musical instrument to save my life is there a correlation between playing football and  describing the game?

Maybe so, but if I were to hear alternative descriptions of a game, I am more likely to give greater credence to someone who has played professionally over someone who has not. I like hearing all the different ways of interpreting the game, as long as they are expressed with respect and a reasonable dose of humility, but I tend to believe what Sarri says (and does) over the opinions of armchair managers simply because he has experience of being a manager and he gets to see them training and talks to them collectively and individually. I discount the opinion of journalists for the same reason but also because they have a vested interest in selling newspapers or audiences clicking on their articles on websites. They are no different from comedians and people who make up horoscopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

For the ones who are not, perhaps you could form your own music forum and discuss it there? 

As a young man I recall my first and only lock-in - after hours in a pub with locked doors.  I thought it would be fun, I was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Well that's the understatement of the decade so far.

Rude and constantly off topic harassing other members on here, unless you rant on about something completely non-football related.

I simply don't understand how it can be so difficult to act civilised towards other humans and keep on topic? I'd have thought most of us are fairly uninterested in your taste of music.For the ones who are not, perhaps you could form your own music forum and discuss it there?  

Give it a rest mate.  

Firstly, I'm one of the worst offenders on here for going off topic.  Sometimes a few of us just have a little bit of fun and touch on other things.  You don't have to join in.

Secondly, you can put any member on Ignore if you are so offended by them.

And thirdly, I seem to recall you made a very offensive statement when you first came on here, for which you were wise enough to apologise.  So, nobody's perfect eh?

The bottom line is we are all Chelsea supporters whether we think we might dislike each other or not.  

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Give it a rest mate.  

Firstly, I'm one of the worst offenders on here for going off topic.  Sometimes a few of us just have a little bit of fun and touch on other things.  You don't have to join in.

Secondly, you can put any member on Ignore if you are so offended by them.

And thirdly, I seem to recall you made a very offensive statement when you first came on here, for which you were wise enough to apologise.  So, nobody's perfect eh?

The bottom line is we are all Chelsea supporters whether we think we might dislike each other or not.  

 

 

 

Give it a rest? 

Am I just to accept that a (seemingly) grown man is so immature he cannot fathom or accept others opinion without being extremely rude? I see how you react to the tiniest little push that's coming in your own direction. Anything remotely female-related and you go off on a boil yet others are to accept constant name-calling and language that would not be acceptable in the real world? 

I get you are mates with Kev and like him (for whatever reason). But try to raise your perspective a tiny bit please. We are here to discuss Chelsea. I'm not here to have to scroll past post after post by a grown man who is yet to leave adolesence behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Give it a rest? 

Am I just to accept that a (seemingly) grown man is so immature he cannot fathom or accept others opinion without being extremely rude? I see how you react to the tiniest little push that's coming in your own direction. Anything remotely female-related and you go off on a boil yet others are to accept constant name-calling and language that would not be acceptable in the real world? 

I get you are mates with Kev and like him (for whatever reason). But try to raise your perspective a tiny bit please. We are here to discuss Chelsea. I'm not here to have to scroll past post after post by a grown man who is yet to leave adolesence behind. 

Mate, use the ignore function.

Made my life a lot smoother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I see how you react to the tiniest little push that's coming in your own direction. Anything remotely female-related and you go off on a boil yet others are to accept constant name-calling and language that would not be acceptable in the real world?

I absolutely do not see this; JaneB is incredibly patient with what I would see as a fair bit of tedious, sometimes condescending, macho chest-beating (I imagine rarely deliberate or malicious, in fairness).

I do think there are exchanges of posts, and let's say 'relationships', on here that have a bit of an edge to them that occasionally overstep the mark in the course of football-related disagreements. Not sure they're a huge problem aside from often being boring to read, but I'd not be in a position to cast the first stone... 

But there are also one or two posters who, apropos of nothing, consistently go in two-footed on others. I think it is fair to say kev61 has consistently done that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Give it a rest? 

Am I just to accept that a (seemingly) grown man is so immature he cannot fathom or accept others opinion without being extremely rude? I see how you react to the tiniest little push that's coming in your own direction. Anything remotely female-related and you go off on a boil yet others are to accept constant name-calling and language that would not be acceptable in the real world? 

I get you are mates with Kev and like him (for whatever reason). But try to raise your perspective a tiny bit please. We are here to discuss Chelsea. I'm not here to have to scroll past post after post by a grown man who is yet to leave adolesence behind. 

That is grossly unfair and completely untrue and I think you should take it back. 

But.....there's no point in getting into an argument with you because, as you say, we are here to discuss Chelsea and saying what I really feel about your remark just detracts from that and is tedious for everyone else.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Give it a rest mate.  

Firstly, I'm one of the worst offenders on here for going off topic.  Sometimes a few of us just have a little bit of fun and touch on other things.  You don't have to join in.

Secondly, you can put any member on Ignore if you are so offended by them.

And thirdly, I seem to recall you made a very offensive statement when you first came on here, for which you were wise enough to apologise.  So, nobody's perfect eh?

The bottom line is we are all Chelsea supporters whether we think we might dislike each other or not.  

 

 

 

One of the best features here is the way on many posts a freewheeling off topic "discussion" springs to life and is carried on with humour intelligence and good friendship..that is the difference for me between Chelsea people and other clubs.

Jane is always a good balancing voice on here and has as good a grasp of the spirit of the forum as anyone . As someone said some here enjoy a dig at chosen "foe" and as long as they stay within their chosen "arenas" I have no problem. BUT stay off digging at those who do not wish to engage in "warfare" and show respect for other's viewpoints.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now