• Current Donation Goals

jones   

Think Hazard is in need of a rest. Not sure it is a bad idea to have him on the bench for this one either, he is usually immense when coming on for the last 20. RLC should start on merit, he is our best #8 and I think the only reason he has not started the last two games is due to his injury. Emerson rotated back in for Alonso, can see them sharing the minutes for the rest of the season.

Kepa

Azpi Luiz Rudi Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC 

CHO Higuain Willian

Edited by jones

BlueFizz   
22 minutes ago, jones said:

Think Hazard is in need of a rest. Not sure it is a bad idea to have him on the bench for this one either, he is usually immense when coming on for the last 20. RLC should start on merit, he is our best #8 and I think the only reason he has not started the last two games is due to his injury. Emerson rotated back in for Alonso, can see them sharing the minutes for the rest of the season.

Kepa

Azpi Luiz Rudi Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC 

CHO Higuain Willian

I see the arguments for rotation, but...

We are in a 10 match mini-league for 3rd or 4th place with Arse, Spuds and Utd - we have a chance (if we win our game in hand) to start this level with Arsenal and just ahead of Utd.

For this reason I would go with our best 11 no matter the opposition for as long as possible - we just need to get win... win... win...

Ham   
1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

We are in a 10 match mini-league for 3rd or 4th place with Arse, Spuds and Utd - we have a chance (if we win our game in hand) to start this level with Arsenal and just ahead of Utd.

For this reason I would go with our best 11 no matter the opposition for as long as possible - we just need to get win... win... win...

The question is "what is our best 11?"

kev61   

Not that worried about personnel but let's play with the same freedom as against City and Spurs.

Edited by kev61

4 hours ago, jones said:

RLC should start on merit, he is our best #8 and I think the only reason he has not started the last two games is due to his injury.

RLC should start but not because he is “our best #8”.. certainly before anyone makes such an outlandish claim RLC will have to actually earn a starting spot first and produce something more than sporadic moments of extraordinary skill?

paulw66   
11 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

If some of your best XI are carrying knocks / muscle strains due to the intense nature of the fixture list, then surely one is better off rotating, not only for the good of this game, but for the upcoming ones too. 

BlueFizz   

Anyone else fearful of the Scott Parker 'bounce' - a revitalised, refocused and fiercely determined Fulham side?

Oddly, I am.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

Not that worried about personnel but let's play with the same freedom as against City and Spurs.

I thought that the view was that the team had played with less freedom, a lower block and press than previously? 

I'd argue that the team has been tighter and more defensive, while also being happy to leave some of the bal possession to the opposition to counter for our weakness to be hit hard by counter-attacks. 

For me, the team has been more disciplined. Especially Kanté has managed to nail his role much better, utilising his incredible movement and speed which surely would be completely wasted in the Jorginho role. 

Edited by The_Ghost

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I thought that the view was that the team had played with less freedom, a lower block and press than previously? 

I'd argue that the team has been tighter and more defensive, while also being happy to leave some of the bal possession to the opposition to counter for our weakness to be hit hard by counter-attacks. 

For me, the team has been more disciplined. Especially Kanté has managed to nail his role much better, utilising his incredible movement and speed which surely would be completely wasted in the Jorginho role. 

You have to laugh......city and spurs we played with freedom? Complete opposite. We had 1 shot on target in 210 minutes of football. The opponents had 3 (all City)

Absolute opposite of playing with freedom, and playing with discipline. 

36 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Anyone else fearful of the Scott Parker 'bounce' - a revitalised, refocused and fiercely determined Fulham side?

Oddly, I am.

Nope

one of the most overrated players in pl history. I doubt his coaching skills are any different. Another Tim Sherwood in my opinion.