• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   
35 minutes ago, kratos said:

Well it's one more title than our current manager has.

Indeed, in fact one more than the majority of managers, including Klopp (please god 🙏🏻) and Pochettino. 

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

Poor old Claudio. Still treated as a joke by many people.

He still won the title with Leicester and they won't be doing that again anytime soon.

I think that both JT and Frank have a high opinion of Claudio and that's good enough for me.

A dignified, forgiving man who doesn't deserve to be called sh*te 😢

This. And a pretty decent coach/manager as well, if the truth be known. Throughout his career, he's had the potential of success/trophies snatched away from him after doing all/most of the hard work, to see his successor come in and win something. His Chelsea story has been repeated many times. I wish him well in wherever he turns up next.

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

This. And a pretty decent coach/manager as well, if the truth be known. Throughout his career, he's had the potential of success/trophies snatched away from him after doing all/most of the hard work, to see his successor come in and win something. His Chelsea story has been repeated many times. I wish him well in wherever he turns up next.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

kev61   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

One could say he handed a premiership winning team on a plate to Jose who dotted the I's and crossed the T's.

kev61   
10 hours ago, JaneB said:

He still won the title with Leicester and they won't be doing that again anytime soon.

I think that both JT and Frank have a high opinion of Claudio and that's good enough for me.

Well said Jane - he is a man of integrity and better than the toss  pots that question him.

Vinod   
10 hours ago, JaneB said:

He was very unlucky in his last season for us. Losing his 2 first choice keepers to injuries. I still remember that Shearer goal which effectively handed Arsenal the title. Thinking about that season still gives me shudders. For all the disappointment I was looking forward to another season under Ranieri. It just took one press conference for most of the world to get over Ranieri. Took me time though. 

Blue Rod   

Jorginho needs Chelsea team-mates to adapt to my style, says Maurizio Sarri - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47430776

Another brilliant idea from Sarri. We should move David Luiz next to Jorginho, to play defence-splitting passes, bring back Obi Mikel and stand him next so he can shield the ball. Kante will of course continue his defensive covering for Jorginho. Because, it's not that Jorginho has underwhelmed us and his teammates, it's just that we don't have enough players to do his work for him.  

3 hours ago, Vinod said:

He was very unlucky in his last season for us. Losing his 2 first choice keepers to injuries. I still remember that Shearer goal which effectively handed Arsenal the title. Thinking about that season still gives me shudders. For all the disappointment I was looking forward to another season under Ranieri. It just took one press conference for most of the world to get over Ranieri. Took me time though. 

Comments about Ranieri show the complete lack of perspective of football fans now - you're either a legend or sh*te. Ranieri was a high-level manager but not the elite-level winner that the new Chelsea needed. As his career has shown he's had decent results with decent teams, as well as some highs and lows. Nowhere near sh*te. 

Vinod   
1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Comments about Ranieri show the complete lack of perspective of football fans now - you're either a legend or sh*te. Ranieri was a high-level manager but not the elite-level winner that the new Chelsea needed. As his career has shown he's had decent results with decent teams, as well as some highs and lows. Nowhere near sh*te. 

Yep. Id say he was good manager and a great guy. Happy he won the league with Leicester. He should have retired right after the victory.

Sciatika   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Jorginho needs Chelsea team-mates to adapt to my style, says Maurizio Sarri - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47430776

Another brilliant idea from Sarri. We should move David Luiz next to Jorginho, to play defence-splitting passes, bring back Obi Mikel and stand him next so he can shield the ball. Kante will of course continue his defensive covering for Jorginho. Because, it's not that Jorginho has underwhelmed us and his teammates, it's just that we don't have enough players to do his work for him.  

Sarri is not asking Jorginho's teammates to do Jorginho's work, he is asking them to do their own jobs so that Jorghinho can do his. It is a team game.