• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Dynamo Kiev 0

23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just seen the Arsenal result  - awful.  Did they play a very weakened team?

Of the better teams, only us, Napoli, Valencia and Villareal can be happy ( and with 36 points in 26 games of La Liga,  Valencia can hardly be called a better team while Villareal have just 23 points).

I won't actually say it, but May 29th might be interesting.

Two words Dick Emery. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Two words Dick Emery. 

Oh you are awful!

But I like you.........

9 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I do not see the irony that you are trying to refer to. In fact, if a manager is not good enough, (and I do not think Sarri is good enough for Chelsea), his area of weaknesses is likely to be, not one, but 2, 3, 4 or more. One reason Conte won the league in his first season was that he immediately changed his system to one that suited our players. But to me, the most important reason was he was absolutely spot on with his selection of players - from getting rid of players who were wasting space to playing players in their best positions. And when the next season, he had his barney with David Luiz, on the back of earlier one with Costa, we all saw what followed. So to say that those who do not rate Sarri should not be the ones calling for him to give more minutes to CHO, sounds a bit contradictory. 

I want Sarri to step up his game and look like a manager who can win something. I also want him to make the right decisions on players - signing and playing. I do not think he is doing, or is capable of doing either.

So you expect a manager to play a boy who was 17 at the start of the season above Hazard, Willian or Pedro when he was given less than six months by some fans, yourself included?

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I didn't find myself wondering that at all. Reading this forum though, I find myself wondering if a younger, less experienced player would have found themselves in all of the positions Pedro did; the one chance where I think you could fairly say he fluffed it was the one from a few yards out, and even then that comes about because the defender in front slips or mistimes a run and Pedro's presence of mind to hold position.

I think this game showed exactly what Pedro, Willian and Hudson-Odoi all have to argue for playing time; for me you could only say positive things about any of them based on this game. That anyone (not you exactly, exiledblue) could find criticisms I think says more about prejudices held at the start of the game more than opinions formed by things that happened during it.

I think you picked up my quote from a later post not the original reply I made as it was actually intended as a word for word mock of the original poster who was suggesting CHO would have done better than Pedro. I find the clamour for CHO to be a bit much both here and in the press. He may be great , he maybe all hype but either way we will find out when or if he has a bit of a run. Insisting his selection ahead of proven players is not correct particularly when Pedro is consistently good and I like him a lot as with Willian. I am sure many on here were in fact disappointed with our scorers.

CHO will maybe get his turn if he commits to us and if not we will find out if Bayern have seen something we haven't in his cameo appearances.

34 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Oh you are awful!

But I like you.........

I think we're giving our ages away a touch here , I bet half the folk on here have never heard of him , honky tonk.

21 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I think you picked up my quote from a later post not the original reply I made as it was actually intended as a word for word mock of the original poster who was suggesting CHO would have done better than Pedro.

Thanks, that helps me understand a bit more how I misread the way I did... Reassuring that I'm not going completely crazy... Again though, hands up, I did misread. 

Yes, I doubt that Hudson-Odoi would have done any better than Pedro last night, but that is not a criticism of either. Both are doing what I think they can be reasonably expected to do. 

Blue Rod   
59 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

So you expect a manager to play a boy who was 17 at the start of the season above Hazard, Willian or Pedro when he was given less than six months by some fans, yourself included?

You are creating a straw man for your argument. You are again talking about who is above who. All 4 players bring different skills and give us different options, which the manager does not seem to be able to exploit. 

To be honest, even if we didn't have CHO, I would expect a top PL to have more creativity in how he uses Hazard, Willian and Pedro, sorry to digress.  

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we're giving our ages away a touch here , I bet half the folk on here have never heard of him , honky tonk.

I remember seeing him on Eastbourne peer, must have been about the peak of his career, 1973.  He was quite good.  But to show how dated it all was, the other act on with him was the Black & White Minstrel show.

Great result.  Looked a little shaky in parts, but thee bottom line is we've effectively killed the tie as a contest.  Crisis?  Why aren't the muppets in the press or on TV turning a blind eye on Flopp's team's performances?  If we chucked a seven point lead away, we wouldn't hear the end of it.  Once again the words "media" and "biased" appear in the same sentence. 

3 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Great result.  Looked a little shaky in parts, but thee bottom line is we've effectively killed the tie as a contest.  Crisis?  Why aren't the muppets in the press or on TV turning a blind eye on Flopp's team's performances?  If we chucked a seven point lead away, we wouldn't hear the end of it.  Once again the words "media" and "biased" appear in the same sentence. 

Choked is the word we are missing