• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1

On 3/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Blue Rod said:

It's good to remember that Conte did reinforce a little bit. I still think he performed a mini miracle considering where we ended up the previous season, not just on league table, but in many other respects.

I bet you do.  But in fact it was a team with a ridiculously strong core, and just no players around the edge.  We started with 19 over 21 players of whom 3 were GKs and a couple more were crocks.

Mind you, you are the guy that once claimed JM always left behind rubbish teams behind him.

Blue Rod   
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I bet you do.  But in fact it was a team with a ridiculously strong core, and just no players around the edge.  We started with 19 over 21 players of whom 3 were GKs and a couple more were crocks.

Mind you, you are the guy that once claimed JM always left behind rubbish teams behind him.

Well, he did leave us in a rubbish state. But so did Conte, even if not as high a pile of rubbish as Jose did. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, he did leave us in a rubbish state. But so did Conte, even if not as high a pile of rubbish as Jose did. 

Do you mean in 2007 - Grant didn't seem to struggle, nor did anyone for 3 or 4 years and the team just about lasted till 2012.

Or do you mean in 2015?  The team that won the title the next year.  As ever categoric statements from Blue Rod which don't even make clear what decade you are talking about.

11 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I'd claim the opposite - José always left a title winning side behind. With that I mean a side that could still win the title. 

Conte left us with a pile of players completely unsuited to play any type of football that isn't extremely defensive and counter-attack exclusively and even for that their aren't good enough. This is the worst side we've had since 2002. 

On 10/03/2019 at 8:41 PM, Blue Rod said:

And that's because they have a manager who knows what he's doing.  To me, that's the real difference. Of course players like Moutinho are still good players. But we're only talking about them now because a manager has found the quality that they can bring even in this stage of their careers, and worked out how to get the best out of them.

Being able to identify the qualities of a player, and being able to bring out those qualities ofnthe pitch is all part of what a manager is paid for, strange enough. We have more quality than Wolves in every department of our team, as far as I am concerned.   

Mouthino absolutely dominant today against Man U. 

Wolves are far, FAR better than what you give them credit for. 

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Mouthino absolutely dominant today against Man U. 

Wolves are far, FAR better than what you give them credit for. 

Amen to that Ghost! What a performance from Jimenez and Jota today. Ah yes! There's nothing like sticking it to Manure!

Edited by PeteRobbo

13 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Amen to that Ghost! What a performance from Jimenez and Jota today. Ah yes! There's nothing like sticking it to Manure!

Jimenez work rate and off the ball movement is superb , we could do worse ......

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Jimenez work rate and off the ball movement is superb , we could do worse ......

Certainly could. Don't reckon we'd get him though.

Blue Rod   
8 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Certainly could. Don't reckon we'd get him though.

With all due respect to Jimenez and Moutinho, it's their manager that we really need. As a team,  Wolves were just superb. To try and reduce their performance to the works of Moutinho and Jimenez misses the point. It's Nuno that is the key to their performance. We must bring him to the Bridge this summer latest. 

Listening to the praise heaped on the two star players you'd think they turned down Chelsea Bayern and Barcelona to sign for Wolves. Fact is,  they were regarded as decent players,  and no more. If they had failed to make an impression at Wolves I'm not sure many would even raise an eyebrow  They have been revitalised by Nuno. Give them to Sarri and they return to being no more than decent.

Edited by Blue Rod