• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1

JaneB   
4 hours ago, Ham said:

I watched it and the ref actually did everything he could to help Spurs. Choose not to send Walker-Peters off and gave every 50-50 their way.  

What about Sissoko too?  Why wasn't he sent off?

Ham   
56 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Completely forgot about that. Blatant headbutt after pushing the player. 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Watched it on Motd - it was so obvious that one player deserved red and the other nothing, and so obvious that the ref would give 2 yellows.

Spurs play as if they expect to get away with that kind of stuff.

(come VAR the ref will still give 2 yellows and the VAR team won't be asked their opinion.)

Kezza   

Great opportunity for us to get into top 4 with all the surrounding teams floundering. Man Utd is spoiling it but it will be soon before they drop off. They have been on this current run for too long. Can we trust the team to get the job done though? It's unfortunately 50-50 for me which side of us turns up.

Edited by Kezza

Sterling 17 goals this season, because he likes to get into the box for crosses from opposite side, unlike Hazard who never seems to try getting in at the far post when crosses come in

I was worried that our game in hand was going to hang over us for a while and we wouldn’t be able to reap its benefits. 

However Spurs don’t play next week because Palace are in the Cup. So we could be 1 point above them by next Sunday evening if we win our games. 

Spurs next game is Liverpool and they still have City to play as well. 

This race for 4th was going to be really tough if only one place was available (looking at how United have turned it around) but Spurs’ collapse has freed up an extra spot and I’m much much more confident we can do it now. 

As long as we’re in a position where Old Trafford isn’t a must win, then I think we’ll do it. 

4 hours ago, Kezza said:

Great opportunity for us to get into top 4 with all the surrounding teams floundering. Man Utd is spoiling it but it will be soon before they drop off. They have been on this current run for too long. Can we trust the team to get the job done though? It's unfortunately 50-50 for me which side of us turns up.

Agreed Kezza. but on an optimistic note it's pretty much the same with our opponents today. 2 weeks ago Wolves absolutely didn't turn up away to Huddersfield and lost for the second time to them. Then the following week they played Cardiff at home and it was a 100% turn around. Nuno made a very uncharacteristic 5 changes, including dropping both Moutinho and Neves and Wolves played really well in the game, winning 2-0 and it could have been more.

So it's wait and see time today and really, I reckon any of the possible outcomes are pretty much equally likely.

Blue Rod   
7 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Sterling 17 goals this season, because he likes to get into the box for crosses from opposite side, unlike Hazard who never seems to try getting in at the far post when crosses come in

We don't have enough crosses of decent quality, and the ones that we produce tend to come late when the back four of our opponents have fully returned and re-organised.

To create dangerous crosses, you need good wing play -  an  early ball to the winger would send defenders running towards their goal. The cross must arrive in the space between the keeper and the returning defenders. That is the space that Hazard (or any forward) would be attacking. Instead, our crosses come in against a well lined up back four facing the opposition's half, with no space behind them. Only a pretty hopeless set of defenders would struggle to cut those out.

It's a no brainer that every time Jorginho is marked out of a game, the manager should ask the team to use the early ball to take on the fullback. Once a fullback loses a contest with our winger, their manager would be up on his feet like a rocket, to re-jig his formation. You would have already scored a tactical point. Much better than persisting with a failed strategy. 

36 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Hazard didn't bring me my breakfast in bed this morning either, utterly useless. 

• Haha 1