• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Europa League Round of 16, 2nd Leg match against Dynamo Kiev at Kiev Olympic Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:55, Thursday, 14th March, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Make sure you have had measles or the vaccination (and don't bring it back to your kids).

<figcaption>Figures from mid 2018, since then Ukraine has added another 50,000</figcaption>

That was 9 months ago, another 50,000 in Ukraine since.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Make sure you have had measles or the vaccination (and don't bring it back to your kids).

<figcaption>Figures from mid 2018, since then Ukraine has added another 50,000</figcaption>

That was 9 months ago, another 50,000 in Ukraine since.

It's good that you spotted that.

;-)

I was hoping with the 3-0 lead, Sarri would leave some of our important players at home for a rest and to avoid the long round trip. He hasn't. The only one not travelling is Higuain because of a fever. He's taken 21 players, which means 3 of the players travelling won't even make the bench. Seems silly to me.

I would like to see:

Kepa

Zappacosta Christensen Ampadu Alonso

Kovacic RLC

Pedro Hazard CHO

Giroud

Bench: Caballero, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Willian

What I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Alonso

Kante Jorginho RLC

Willian Giroud CHO

Bench: Caballero, Luiz, Zappazosta, Kovacic, Barkley, Hazard, Pedro

Either way, we have more than enough to go through. We just need to get in and out without any injuries and I'll be happy.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I was hoping with the 3-0 lead, Sarri would leave some of our important players at home for a rest and to avoid the long round trip. He hasn't. The only one not travelling is Higuain because of a fever. He's taken 21 players, which means 3 of the players travelling won't even make the bench. Seems silly to me.

It is Kiev, I'm pretty sure a wealthy club will find a decent and safe hotel there, and the local authorities will be keen to protect it.  I doubt that having a Russian owner will put the players at risk.   It is not a very distant flight. The only players really at risk are the 11 who have to play on that pitch.  

Fans on a Budget though, might find it a lot tougher.  The SS Death's head symbol will not indicate ageing old school skinhead Chelsea fans.

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

What I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Alonso

Kante Jorginho RLC

Willian Giroud CHO

Bench: Caballero, Luiz, Zappazosta, Kovacic, Barkley, Hazard, Pedro

Yes, or Barkley for RLC.  CHO makes a lot of sense given Kiev's need to put pressure on us, and so our desire for quick direct breakaways.

D1ojKAlXQAApie4.jpg large.jpg

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Why isn't Ampadu involved? Don't understand that at all.

Yes agreed. Nevertheless, it's a good looking team I think.

Why drag half of the main players to this game, they should be at home with their feet up...Sunday's game is a lot harder