• Current Donation Goals

kev61   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Different substitutions. A deeper default position with less space between the lines in selected games. Emerson for Alonso and other CMs than Kovacic and a willingness to take Jorginho off for a rest every now and then? 

I call that flexibility. 

He just doesn't get it Ham.He googles things that he has no idea about - sad really.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Different substitutions. A deeper default position with less space between the lines in selected games. Emerson for Alonso and other CMs than Kovacic and a willingness to take Jorginho off for a rest every now and then? 

I call that flexibility. 

We saw all of that in the first 10 games other than Emerson.  Default positions are all about score and who we are playing and how well they play.  

7 hours ago, JaneB said:

And you're forgetting Arsenal's amazing comeback against Rennes 🙄

6 hours ago, Ham said:

Mighty Rennes. 

21st story down on the Daily Mail app. I underestimated their indifference.

7 hours ago, Ham said:

I don't think there's been much Sarri out since he showed some flexibility (including after poor performances by players) so you can probably change the record after every single match. 

I must admit I'm not sure what you are referring to here. Change the record after every single game? What do you mean by that?

In any case, the comment was jokingly made to Never Happy who despite a 3-0 lead at HT still found something to not be happy about. It was a joke. 

Had a bizarre anxiety dream on Wednesday night that Azpiliceuta had decided to quit football and become a pro snowboarder, and that he had announced this at a press conference in which he reassured everyone this was fine because he had already identified a new RB and captain to take over from him ... Me. I vaguely recall spending most of this dream begging him to reconsider and trying to explain I'm absolutely sh*t at football.

Had it been a reality, I probably could have made my debut last night and done okay ... Dynamo are utterly dreadful. Still have this romanticised vision of Rebrov and Shevchenko taking Arsenal apart in the CL when Arsenal used to play at Wembley for European games. Obviously a long time ago, but it felt even longer watching last night's game. A very poor side.

RLC and Hudson-Odoi impressed me last night. I'm very much in the 'Hudson-Odoi is being used entirely appropriately' camp so don't expect and wouldn't want much different following this game, but I feel it really is time for RLC to grab his Chelsea career by the scruff of the neck; that it's been stop-start can be put down to injury and selection, but I don't think he has really made a starting place his own in a season one was up for grabs. I'd really like to see him finish the season strongly.

We'll get Arsenal in the next round.

13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

, but I feel it really is time for RLC to grab his Chelsea career by the scruff of the neck; that it's been stop-start can be put down to injury and selection, but I don't think he has really made a starting place his own in a season one was up for grabs. I'd really like to see him finish the season strongly.

He had a good game last night and tellingly Sarri was effusive in his praise of him afterwards , happy that he managed 90 minutes and reportedly commented that if he continues to work hard then he can become one of the best midfielders in Europe.

It's on him now I think .

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He had a good game last night and tellingly Sarri was effusive in his praise of him afterwards , happy that he managed 90 minutes and reportedly commented that if he continues to work hard then he can become one of the best midfielders in Europe.

It's on his back, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

It's on his back, unfortunately.

I really worry when I hear such effusive praise from all RLC's managers - Chelsea, Palace and England.  Does he have a confidence problem?  Is that why he waited so long to go on loan?  Do they think the back problems are psychosomatic?  It is all very odd (compare Abraham or CHO - no one feels obliged to say they will be world beaters other than CHO's family).

He and CHO did have good games last night, buy Kiev were awful.  They were awful first leg, but awful in that but for the last 10 minutes they sat, and then nearly got a useful away goal for a 2-1 defeat but we got a breakaway (RLC/CHO) counterstrike instead.  This game they were committed to go forward, so were awful without 9 men in their on box.  In the first leg they did make us look awful too.  This time around they made us look world beaters.

DannyLB   
5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Couldn't have got that more wrong! 

Yup. Outstanding draw for us. Slavia Prague next and when we beat them we'll play either Benfica or Frankfurt.