• Current Donation Goals

40 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Yup. Outstanding draw for us. Slavia Prague next and when we beat them we'll play either Benfica or Frankfurt. 

Absolutely outstanding Danny. Even the conspiracy theorists on here can't argue with the hand we've been dealt this morning. Slavia had a good win over Seville and sit top of their league. They surely can't be as easy as Kiev proved to be, but all the same this has to be seen as a wonderful opportunity for us to reach the final.We're certainly better off than Arsenal.

• Like 2

Leo91   

This is where the competition really starts. We got the 'easiest' team left but you have to be half decent to eliminate Sevilla over two legs. And if we get through them Benfica or Frankfurt are serious sides.

Czech buddy tells me Slavia are considered sh*t* by Sparta, but love a bit of ultraviolence. Tiny ground, so getting in may  be fun

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

This is where the competition really starts. We got the 'easiest' team left but you have to be half decent to eliminate Sevilla over two legs. And if we get through them Benfica or Frankfurt are serious sides.

Am I right in thinking Frankfurt's star and breakout player is on loan from Benfica? Wonder if he'll be able to play, a la Courtois for Atletico.

Out of the teams left one will have to accept we got a good draw - also for a potential semifinal. 

Hopefully we can make it all the way to the final. That would be a wonderful occasion. 

But we are now reaching the stage of the competition where we are facing good teams. You don’t progress to the quarterfinals being shyte. 

DannyLB   
4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Out of the teams left one will have to accept we got a good draw - also for a potential semifinal. 

Hopefully we can make it all the way to the final. That would be a wonderful occasion. 

But we are now reaching the stage of the competition where we are facing good teams. You don’t progress to the quarterfinals being shyte. 

Sometimes you need to be less shyte than your opposition but you're still shyte. Point taken though. It will naturally get more difficult but I think we stand a good chance to win it. 

Leo91   

I fancy our chances on a neutral ground vs Arsenal and Napoli. No reason to be afraid of them. 

Ham   

I'm shocked that we haven't schooled this Emery Arsenal team this season. Not in the slightest bit impressed with them. They've got goal scorers.  That's it. 

Sea foot   
1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Call me a stick in the mud, but I just cannot see us beating Arsenal or Napoli.

McCreadie, you're a stick in the mud.😜

Anyway it could be Villarreal or Valencia yet. Ever the glass half full guy me.