• Current Donation Goals

kratos   
12 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I agree with that front three of Hazard, Giroud and Hazard.

Maybe they meant his brother too. What was his name again? Leroy?

32 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

You can't lose the away fans. he's gone.

You think so?  
I don't think losing the away support has been the cause of anyone else going.  Mostly it has been losing the support of the players, and it seems clear to me that Sarri has their support.  Perhaps he should be challenging them in the press even more than he has done so far (Mourinho style), but that is really for teams you think should be performing at the top now, not for teams in re-build.

(And that isn't a direct reply - you haven't said that is what cost other managers)

I think it is the current zeitgeist - out right hostility to Trump, Clinton, May, Corbyn, and (Clinton aside) without any logical thought process to justify it.  I think no manager or leader can get all around support unless they are clearly doing much better than their predecessor.  
And to be fair, when we did score there did (from limited TV listening) appear to be a slightly different group of Chelsea away fans that got behind the team and sang for Chelsea.

But I also think the club understands this.  They also know the limitations of this set of players, they almost certainly are happy with his treatment of CHO, RLC and selection poiicy (because anyone who gives 2 minutes to think about it can see the logic).  They know that competing for a CL place is as much about Spurs/Man U / Arsenal failing as our succeeding, and that 2 of those clubs + Liverpool have been on a roll recently.  And they also know that they went out and hired a highly respected manager last summer, and without CL football looking probable, they'll struggle to find anyone with similar status, let alone similar abilities.  

So I think losing those fans in 2019 is not the same as 5 years ago and he will stay.

18 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Droy were you watching that?

willian mom?

2 assists wasn't it - or 1 and the cross for Azpi's goal.  We'll give the assist to the lino for that one  :)

Yes I thought Willian was very good, provided most if not all the movement in their half, went close with a free kick, produced good corners.  Sticking Hazard and CHO and playing 2 fresh wingers on the bench was a very good decision by Sarri (unless you think the fans are his paymasters).  

The really poor play came from both CFs, both FBs and all the CMs except RLC.  

18 minutes ago, Never happy said:

youre on a wind up right?

Well I do enjoy it when I can make a clear honest and truthful statement knowing that some are desperate to challenge it because they haven't thought it through.  So yes.  But lets be clear - anyone arguing that Sarri should have started Hazard and CHO for this particular game (especially if they think they are out best two starting AMs) is setting themselves up for a massive wind up.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

RLC just bought Sarri another week.

The players have been carrying the manager (and his colouring kit) for months. It now appears the referees are lending a helping hand. Not that I should complain about the latter.

jangz   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some posters here and some at the ground should be ashamed.  I can only feel contempt.

This was precisely the right team for this game - excellent selection.  Plenty in reserve too.

Willian Motm - and the only decent corner taker we have used (Barkley does it for England though).

2 assists for Willian.   Pedro good, Hazard flashy but doing it too deep (one wonderful heel flick on a breakaway from a corner and sprint, only for a poor ball by Barkley).  RLC came on and did really well - not often impressed by him, but I was today - and with urgency which only he and Kante seem to have in our midfield or back 4.

So good for Willian, Pedro and RLC, poor by everyone else.  Barkley was a massive disappointment at this soon to be Championship level.

We don't get much luck, especially with refs - so the clearly offside goal was an overdue bonus.  Had we had that in 4 or 5 games this season we might have turned those games from losses into wins too.

Rudiger could never be Red - whatever happens with striker and CB, Kepa is getting to the ball first easily.  I suspect Rudiger was more interested in protecting Kepa from being clattered.  Might have saved the Cardiff player a Red card in doing so.

Gotta feel sorry for Warnock though, Cardiff win and they are just 2 points from safety.

Not just starting, starring too today.

4 teams within 1 point from 3rd to 6th - the rest of the season should at least be entertaining.

Don't agree with any of the above..  You put this team out in April when you are in UCL..  Not when sitting 6th.. William was good?  Zero movement..  Missed the one shot he had..  Got lucky with his assist..  Which was a 2 yards offside..  

Pedro was completely anonymous and so was higuain..  Hazard made things happen..  Deep?  He won the free kick on the edge..  Was involved in the melee where rlc almost scored win a couple of corners..  Did more in 20 mins then the 3 put together

sarri got lucky today..  Yeah maybe all posters don't understand the game and got it wrong..  What abt the ones in the stadium who had the exact same feelings.. 

1 minute ago, jangz said:

sarri got lucky today..  Yeah maybe all posters don't understand the game and got it wrong..  What abt the ones in the stadium who had the exact same feelings.. 

Lucky - Agreed.  And got unlucky half a dozen times this season too.  That is the way it works when you are a 70 point team, not an 80 point team.  

Well I bet there is not a single poster or fan at the ground or on the sofa who now think Hazard and CHO should have started that did not say exactly the same before the game.
The match was clear - Willian and Pedro were the best 2 starters we had.  Hazard added panache, but Willian created the 2 goals.

1 hour ago, Zidane said:

CHO has a lot to be thankful for - not least a manager that is trying to save his life. The human body can only take so much. All of you outraged at him not coming on need to realise that football is merely a game, and human life is worth so much more than that.

I literally have no idea what the hell you are talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lucky - Agreed.  And got unlucky half a dozen times this season too.  That is the way it works when you are a 70 point team, not an 80 point team.  

Well I bet there is not a single poster or fan at the ground or on the sofa who now think Hazard and CHO should have started that did not say exactly the same before the game.
The match was clear - Willian and Pedro were the best 2 starters we had.  Hazard added panache, but Willian created the 2 goals.

More Alonso’s flick on that made the first. The second was a great ball but the 30 seconds of good play pulling Cardiff players about is what really made it.

Life is all about opinions!

First game I’ve seen live this season. A few observations. 

1. We were shocking and some of the things I’ve thought have been the problem proved to be the problem. Our movement is non-existent

2. None of the midfielders apart from Loftus-Cheek are remotely interested to score

3. Alonso and Kovacic. What to say - no idea why they are still starting. None of them are good enough at the moment

4. The venom towards Sarri from the fans is real and strong. It’ll take something special from him to turn it around

5. Loftus-Cheek is quite obviously a starting midfielder for us. That he hasn’t been so far is a disgrace 

6. Giroud should be starting more, because he does offer something different 

7. We are ridiculously dependent on Hazard

8. Very bad team selection from Sarri

9. How Sarri didn’t make a change at half-time is beyond me, everyone in the ground knew what was coming 

10. I don’t see Sarri being our manager next season. Some of it will be his own making, other factors he inherited from Contes disastrous last 12 months. Doesn’t necessarily agree with it, but that’s how I think this will end up. 

Edited by The_Ghost

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some posters here and some at the ground should be ashamed.  I can only feel contempt.

I have to say that I agree with this 110%. I felt really ashamed today for them and for us as a club. 

I could understand if our season had degenerated into utter aimlessness like a number of other teams, but the club happens to be 1 point off the top 4 and still chasing Europa League. 

The venom towards Sarri, it’s difficult to justify it at the moment. The starting 11 was definitely the best move with freshness to consider and then the substitutions were bang on the money.

Its a really shameful season for the club all-round.

The fact that these “fans” are traveling fans means nothing as well because you look at teams like the Lakers in the NBA and their season had also blown up a couple weeks ago but their fans still showed up to games and cheered the team and the manager on. 

Has Sarri overtaken Benitez as the most hated Chelsea manager I can recall? Probably. And I have no idea why it’s become so very personal.

Jasonb   

RLC can only play 3/4 matches before his back breaks down. We need to develop another m/f that can deliver a threat too.