• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

I read today Utd have joined all of Germany in wanting him.

If all these teams value him, why aren't we openly busting a gut to keep him?

 

How much is hype and how much is genuine talent?

Edited by exiledblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southgate on CH-O:

 

But England manager Southgate has said that Chelsea’s transfer ban might afford Hudson-Odoi the opportunities he desires and that his development can progress. 

Southgate said: ‘If you look at number of appearances, he has actually been on the field quite a lot and I know how much faith Maurizio has in him.

‘He’s maturing well. His progress is good and, given that Chelsea could have a restriction on signing people, then his opportunities will come.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   

^

119 minutes in the PL from 6 sub appearances.

414 minutes in the Europa League from 4 starts and 4 sub appearances, predominately with the B team against noddy opposition.

That works out to be the equivalent of 1.3 PL and 4.6 EL appearances at 90 minutes. 

So many appearances. So many minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
16 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I read today Utd have joined all of Germany in wanting him.

If all these teams value him, why aren't we openly busting a gut to keep him?

 

How much is hype and how much is genuine talent?

I was one that said he was special before the hype.Go back to what I said.Why would I say this?...because he is better than Rashford - it is a simple assessment of a player that is better than his years and should be playing as a starter for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

^

119 minutes in the PL from 6 sub appearances.

414 minutes in the Europa League from 4 starts and 4 sub appearances, predominately with the B team against noddy opposition.

That works out to be the equivalent of 1.3 PL and 4.6 EL appearances at 90 minutes. 

So many appearances. So many minutes.

Why would you not include the 300 minutes he played in the domestic cups?

He's had 18 appearances and played 832 minutes. Plenty of football for a boy that started the season as a 17 year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Why would you not include the 300 minutes he played in the domestic cups?

He's had 18 appearances and played 832 minutes. Plenty of football for a boy that started the season as a 17 year.

 

Because it doesn't fit the narrative Martin.

Those domestic cup minutes inlcude 90 in a semi final and 40 odd in the final.

To put it in persepctive, he is well ahead of minutes played by JT at the same age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
22 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I read today Utd have joined all of Germany in wanting him.

If all these teams value him, why aren't we openly busting a gut to keep him?

 

How much is hype and how much is genuine talent?

"openly"........ what does that mean and why does it matter? 

From what I understand, there is a very lucrative offer on the table which he hasn't signed. Do you expect the club to disclose the details of this to the public? Is that what you mean by openly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Because it doesn't fit the narrative Martin.

Those domestic cup minutes inlcude 90 in a semi final and 40 odd in the final.

To put it in persepctive, he is well ahead of minutes played by JT at the same age.

I asked a rethorical question in another topic - which Chelsea manager has given a 17/18 year old as much playing time as Sarri has given CHO? 

Someone mentioned JT. That's over 20 years ago... 

22 hours ago, exiledblue said:

If all these teams value him, why aren't we openly busting a gut to keep him?

Who says we are not busting a gut to get him to sign a new contract? 

Why would it need to be done 'openly'? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, The_Ghost said:

I asked a rethorical question in another topic - which Chelsea manager has given a 17/18 year old as much playing time as Sarri has given CHO? 

Someone mentioned JT. That's over 20 years ago... 

Who says we are not busting a gut to get him to sign a new contract? 

Why would it need to be done 'openly'? 

It's also inaccurate

If we are doing apples with apples, in the equivalent season, when JT started as a 17 year old and turned 18 (JT in December, CHO in November), JT played 7 games (CHO currently at 23). The year after JT played 9 games, so 16 in total. CHO is already past that with a season and a bit left to go

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't get too excited either way, his brother wants his cut, he's leaving. 

Nobody's fault but his own. 

Shame, but that's it really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now