• Current Donation Goals

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Every time he says something he’s always very diplomatic and actually comes across as a decent lad. 

Another hat off to Chelsea academy and staff. How to talk to the media is part of the academy’s education program. 

29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47701796

I like Hudson-Odoi a lot, but the BBC coverage is not about him. It is about digging Chelsea out for online traffic. McNulty is an idiot. 

Isn't he another member of the Liverpool cabal that permeates the media in this country?

50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Isn't he another member of the Liverpool cabal that permeates the media in this country?

No idea. It's not that I think the BBC or McNulty are purposefully anti-Chelsea. It's more that they fall foul of some very obvious thinking errors and (dare I say it) obvious practical football wisdom in their rush to slate Sarri and Chelsea and praise Hudson-Odoi. 

How many talented kids, and especially pace-to-burn teenage wingers, have we seen the media destroy when that story suits? McNulty has an editorial career to keep. Chelsea have to manage the football and career development, as well as the emotional wellbeing and physical resilience (lot of crossover with the players the media love and then wreck and 27 year olds who've been playing for a decade and already have the body of a pro years older than them) of dozens of talented kids. 

I've read a few reports about CHO today in the papers and various media outlets and many of them are impressed by him and a few of them even mention the fact that he left Walker exposed until Southgate changed him to the left in front of Danny Rose .

It's almost as if Sarri who has frequently said he needs to work on the defensive phase of his game , knows what he's talking about . Well I never.

Jasonb   
51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've read a few reports about CHO today in the papers and various media outlets and many of them are impressed by him and a few of them even mention the fact that he left Walker exposed until Southgate changed him to the left in front of Danny Rose .

It's almost as if Sarri who has frequently said he needs to work on the defensive phase of his game , knows what he's talking about . Well I never.

I watched most of the match and Dixon criticised him for the goal, I thought this was unfair as Keane headed it straight towards the opposition.

What I did notice though was as a right forward he was poor as a Left forward he was exciting. Left forward is where Hazard plays. I think we have a conundrum.

10 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I watched most of the match and Dixon criticised him for the goal, I thought this was unfair as Keane headed it straight towards the opposition.

What I did notice though was as a right forward he was poor as a Left forward he was exciting. Left forward is where Hazard plays. I think we have a conundrum.

Maybe , maybe not . 

Knowing our luck we'll lose them both !

• Sad 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

when he has played for us, it has been the opposite IMO. Has looked better on the right, but there you go. 

Jasonb   
23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

when he has played for us, it has been the opposite IMO. Has looked better on the right, but there you go. 

When he does get to the byline he can put in a decent cross from the Right though normally he tries to cut inside and passes sideways or backwards. He is much better on the left as an attacking threat for me.

bert19   
6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Walker needs to work his his play in the defensive phase let alone anybody else.  Seems like he's spent his career being caught out of position so often when his team don't have the ball.  Also didn't look like he was telling Callum where he should be.  Surely a much more experienced player should be capable of that. 

Not a wonder that Callum looked better when he switched to the left.  Rose actually positions himself where he's meant to be.