• Current Donation Goals

38 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Walker needs to work his his play in the defensive phase let alone anybody else.  Seems like he's spent his career being caught out of position so often when his team don't have the ball.  Also didn't look like he was telling Callum where he should be.  Surely a much more experienced player should be capable of that. 

Not a wonder that Callum looked better when he switched to the left.  Rose actually positions himself where he's meant to be. 

I honestly believe Walker to be one of the worse full backs I've ever seen , if he couldn't run fast he'd be asking if you want any help at PC World.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6328375-why-callum-hudson-odoi-s-England-call-up-proves-he-should-stay-at-chelsea-despite-lack-of-game-time

In reality, Hudson-Odoi is ahead of others in his age group - for example, he has played nearly 500 minutes more than Manchester City's Phil Foden this season - and Southgate has echoed the sentiments that 'CHO' is right where he should be.

paulw66   
11 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Interesting comparison with Foden. Pep gets no stick for not picking him, even when he can surround him with 10 world class players, with 7 more on the bench in case things go wrong. Sarri doesn't have that luxury.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting comparison with Foden. Pep gets no stick for not picking him, even when he can surround him with 10 world class players, with 7 more on the bench in case things go wrong. Sarri doesn't have that luxury.

All your points stand, but just a point on the original article - I think the numbers are wrong there. Foden 876 minutes, Hudson-Odoi 892 minutes. Thats 14 minutes more, not 500. I assume they added the PL2 minutes in as well, which do not count.

chara   

Missed the game so cannot comment on how CHO performed.... but I can say that playing for England against such poor opposition.(.I watched the Bulgaria/Montenegro game..terrible sides thought at the time that England should breeze past these two let alone Kosovo..I digress..) is "easier" than turning out for Chelsea or any other EPL side in as far as it is a one off game and not the treadmill that the league is with every game being vital and no room for error every week..another reason that young talent is carefully treated (see Foden of course.)

Not putting the lad down or the NT as of course you have to beat what is in front of you and as Droy said in essence(I think) most Epl and Championship sides or Chelsea "make up" sides would beat the other teams in the group.

Glad CHO is taking advantage of opportunities and I do believe he has a future ahead of him.

Perspective is all

12 hours ago, chara said:

Missed the game so cannot comment on how CHO performed.... but I can say that playing for England against such poor opposition.(.I watched the Bulgaria/Montenegro game..terrible sides thought at the time that England should breeze past these two let alone Kosovo..I digress..) is "easier" than turning out for Chelsea or any other EPL side in as far as it is a one off game and not the treadmill that the league is with every game being vital and no room for error every week..another reason that young talent is carefully treated (see Foden of course.)

Not putting the lad down or the NT as of course you have to beat what is in front of you and as Droy said in essence(I think) most Epl and Championship sides or Chelsea "make up" sides would beat the other teams in the group.

Glad CHO is taking advantage of opportunities and I do believe he has a future ahead of him.

Perspective is all

Are you saying this forum can lack a bit of perspective? 😉

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Are you saying this forum can lack a bit of perspective? 😉

"Too much f***ing Perspective"

David St Hubbins

Not too fond of the media unilaterally deciding the first name on our team sheet. 

Ever since he caught attention through the transfer rumours, things have got more and more hysterical with each passing week, and it’s all peaked around his England call up. 

paulw66   
14 hours ago, McCreadie said:

All your points stand, but just a point on the original article - I think the numbers are wrong there. Foden 876 minutes, Hudson-Odoi 892 minutes. Thats 14 minutes more, not 500. I assume they added the PL2 minutes in as well, which do not count.

That makes sense. I did think it odd that he could have played that many more minutes. 

10 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Not too fond of the media unilaterally deciding the first name on our team sheet. 

Ever since he caught attention through the transfer rumours, things have got more and more hysterical with each passing week, and it’s all peaked around his England call up. 

Yup. And amazingly so many people have bought into it too, when in reality, CHO is being brought on quite nicely IMO 

The boy clearly has ability, but he should not be picked ahead of Pedro or Willian every week at the moment, well not unless results are unimportant.