• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

Sciatika   

I don't really see that the personal terms are any of our business, but let's consider for a moment. £100K per week is £5m per annum. If we were to replace him (assuming no transfer ban) then it is reasonable to assume the replacement would cost his value. Transfermkt says that is about £35m. If we bought him, the depreciation alone would be £7m per annum and we would still have to pay wages. However, as I say, it is nothing to do with us. I am glad that he signed for another five years because I think he will become an important player for us.

bert19   
6 minutes ago, jangz said:

People earn much more for much less.. I dont think its fair to say if footballers or for that matter anyone deserves what they make.

Also worth noting that footballers don't dictate their worth, their club (or clubs trying to buy them do).  If a club offers them 100,000 GBP a week at 18, then they'd be mad not to take it.  At the end of the day, the club are the ones that offer money or agree to a salary demand.  

4 hours ago, Diddymen said:

not sure he has done enough to warrant a £100,000 per week contract. (mind you, don't think any footballer warrants a salary of £100,00 - crazy)

if some 5 years ago RLC was given £65k a week, and football wage inflation has probably been nearer 100% than 50% since then, I'd say £100k is bottom of the likely range.

9 hours ago, Diddymen said:

not sure he has done enough to warrant a £100,000 per week contract. (mind you, don't think any footballer warrants a salary of £100,00 - crazy)

less that RLC by all accounts

I read Lampard is now saying the contract is close but not signed yet. So it was more loose lips presumably from the CHO family.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:29 AM, Droy was my hero said:

I read Lampard is now saying the contract is close but not signed yet. So it was more loose lips presumably from the CHO family.

Why 'presumably' from the CHO family? Why not just another of the on-going media inventions/exaggerations? 

Sciatika   
4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Why 'presumably' from the CHO family? Why not just another of the on-going media inventions/exaggerations? 

Or even a misunderstanding.

Rob B   

It’s clearly all done. Suspect we are waiting on final legal sign-off, or the right time to announce it from a PR point of view. 

No way would a manager come out and say we’re nearly there and we’re hopeful, things are looking positive etc, if it wasn’t.

Or another way of looking at it, when has a manager ever come out and said “it’s all agreed, he’s signed, but we haven’t announced it officially yet”  - just doesn’t happen.

They need to build the suspense. 

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

They need to build the suspense. 

No.  I agree it is nearly done, but SFL's comments are clearly a response to questioning based on the rumour that came out.

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Because pretty much all the media stories on CHO for the past 9 months seem to have been initiated by the family too.

Kezza   

180,000£ per week. If he's not signing that then something is wrong with the kid.