• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

Ham   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Because pretty much all the media stories on CHO for the past 9 months seem to have been initiated by the family too.

I thought you hated unsubstantiated rubbish such as this?

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ah though , he didn't say he believed it though did he?

paulw66   

At what point do the club concede and have to sell him?

Can't go beyond August really, as in January he is free to sign a pre contract agreement with another club. 

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think before you start treating news as true you have to ask 2 key questions - who is actually saying this, and why are they saying this.
What I hate is  unreliable sources producing information of dubious quality for dubious purposes being taken as a good source.  

In this case, the source is probably family, but the motive is no longer to put pressure on the club, so it is probably true or about to be true.  My guess is simply too many hacks have their phone numbers and they don't know how to be discreet anymore.

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ah though , he didn't say he believed it though did he?

See above - probably about to be true but premature - just another example though of a family that doesn't know when to shut up.

Ham   
31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think before you start treating news as true you have to ask 2 key questions - who is actually saying this, and why are they saying this.
What I hate is  unreliable sources producing information of dubious quality for dubious purposes being taken as a good source.  

In this case, the source is probably family, but the motive is no longer to put pressure on the club, so it is probably true or about to be true.  My guess is simply too many hacks have their phone numbers and they don't know how to be discreet anymore.

See above - probably about to be true but premature - just another example though of a family that doesn't know when to shut up.

And there it is again. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

And there it is again. 

Not sure what you are saying?  Or think I am saying?
Or even if you have a point of view of your own, or even a different one to what you think mine is.

chara   

One,to me anyway, point that seems to be crying out for discussion or at least consideration is that a young somewhat untested player with agreed potential is recovering from a bad bad injury with no guarantee  that he will get back to where he was prior to the injury seems to be holding out for something not really stated and has not signed a new contract.

Is the delay due to the club and a question of recovery?..just a thought... in any case the young man should snatch the contract asap and sign just in case he doesn't recover well..renegotiate down the road if he has the chance but for now thank his lucky stars he has a life line before his return can be fully assessed.

28 minutes ago, chara said:

Is the delay due to the club and a question of recovery?.

There is a story probably from the players family that contract is signed, and SFL interviewed then said not yet, but hopefully soon.
So I would imagine that they are very close to signing already.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

180,000£ per week. If he's not signing that then something is wrong with the kid.

A few weeks ago it was £100,000
Last week there was a story that it was £150,000
Are you saying that someone is now claiming his contract will be £180,000?

I know we can't register anyone just now, and the cost of buying a replacement (+ their likely salary) will be high, but even so, £180,000 a week for a teenager who has shown promise but nothing more is a hell of a wage!

Ham   
1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

A few weeks ago it was £100,000
Last week there was a story that it was £150,000
Are you saying that someone is now claiming his contract will be £180,000?

I know we can't register anyone just now, and the cost of buying a replacement (+ their likely salary) will be high, but even so, £180,000 a week for a teenager who has shown promise but nothing more is a hell of a wage!

£180k was the first figure quoted by many sources last week.