• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Let me get this straight. Without any foundation you continually insist that all noise in the media in the past season came from "the family" but you refute that this particular paper is used by BM to destabilise wealthy English teams by, for example, publishing stories including quotes about the likes of CHO and Sane? I only used this particular story from them because it was the first I found.

The alternative is that BM use german newspapers to contact CHO and tell him they want to buy him, rather than calling up his agent for a quiet chat.
Given the choice, my version seems logical enough.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Even direct quotes from BM staff are ignored by you in favour of stuff you made up in your head.

Direct quotes are never useful on their own.  You need to have read the whole interview and heard what came before that, ask why the journalist asked the question and understand  why someone might have said that.  I did make the effort at the time.  You apparently just took the quote and ran with it, as they hacks wanted you to.
The context was BM looking for the players of the future and the name CHO was proffered by the journalist, and not the Sports director. 

It really isn't me making stuff up, it is me disregarding clearly misleading statements - either by the family who have their own goals, or by a senior club member who clearly would not have said that if he had a real expectation of buying CHO.  It would be like walking into a car dealers and  telling the man you have £10k to buy a 10 year old Focus.

The rule is "if someone says something obviously stupid, it probably is".

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It's too exhausting trying to converse with you. I don't care enough.

I think you don't care enough to even think your own thoughts through.  You'd save us both a lot of time if you did.

53 minutes ago, Ham said:

These things normally mean something. 

He has clearly been staying since January - never any doubt about it.

17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You're clearly taking the p*ss.

If I am, then I have been consistently taking the piss since January.
This is getting like that Conte didn't want the players from Italy meme.  People say obviously stupid stuff and get taken at face value because it gets clicks.  
Hasn't it occurred to you that the CHO family and some internet clickbait writers have been taking the piss?

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

"I have been consistently taking the piss since January"

Dory. 

That's a quote I can get behind. 

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If I am, then I have been consistently taking the piss since January.

So, we agree?

People say obviously stupid stuff and get taken at face value because it gets clicks. 

Just like you on here, then?

Hasn't it occurred to you that the CHO family and some internet clickbait writers have been taking the piss?

Hasn't it occurred to you that not every morsel appearing in the press about CHO comes from his family (no matter how much you need to believe that it does)? 

9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, we agree?

That I have been consistent since January yes, and so have others with different opinions, true.  

10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Just like you on here, then?

That is just being insulting for the sake of it.  Add some wit next time please.

Why talk around the topic, why not say what you disagree with.  
If you think that the Sports director said he wanted to buy CHO because it was a good way to get him,  just say so.  

12 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Hasn't it occurred to you that not every morsel appearing in the press about CHO comes from his family (no matter how much you need to believe that it does)? 

I missing the bit where you actually claim something yourself instead of just casting doubt on others.
Do you think someone else is putting stuff in the media (and not getting it from the family)?   Who.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I missing the bit where you actually claim something yourself instead of just casting doubt on others.

Typical deflection, but no, not 'others', just casting a lot of doubt on your claims. 

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Do you think someone else is putting stuff in the media (and not getting it from the family)?   Who.

Oh, let me think...... maybe it's  the media talking rubbish to sell papers? Just a thought.

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Typical deflection, but no, not 'others', just casting a lot of doubt on your claims. 

I think you have got the deflection bit the wrong way round again.

paulw66   

Hope he signs soon, if for no other reason than to put a stop to the tedium.........

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Interesting how open their Sporting Director Hasan Salihamidzic was there (""Wir wollen den Spieler verpflichten" = We want to sign the player).

Just today Bayern's chairman Karl-Heinz Rumenigge has slapped down their coach Kovac for saying they were 'optimistic' about signing Sane. He said:

"We have a very good relationship with Man City. We have to respect players who are under contract with other clubs. It's also a FIFA regulation".

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bayern-muenchen/karl-heinz-rummenigge-transfer-leroy-sane-niko-kovac-63654194.sport.html (In German)

Which translates as: "We despise Chelsea and will do all we can to unsettle their players to try and tempt them to sign for us. We can safely ignore any FIFA regulations."