• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

Just now, Backbiter said:

Interesting how open their Sporting Director Hasan Salihamidzic was there (""Wir wollen den Spieler verpflichten" = We want to sign the player).

It was very interesting how he said it.  He said it in very general terms about buying up the best talent in Europe.  The interview is out there, and was from the start.

It translates as "we might be interested in Sane so we should shut up.  We had no real interest in CHO, he was only just the sort of player we might be interested in".

And again, you unsettle a player by calling their agent and talking money.  You don't do it via the press.

47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Hope he signs soon, if for no other reason than to put a stop to the tedium.........

This is all becoming a bit of a circus. Not really appreciating the fake "will he, wont he" bs. Personally, I despise that culture of trying to raise a players commercial profile, based on absolutely nothing. The very last thing he needs is hyping up even more.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Interesting how open their Sporting Director Hasan Salihamidzic was there (""Wir wollen den Spieler verpflichten" = We want to sign the player).

Just today Bayern's chairman Karl-Heinz Rumenigge has slapped down their coach Kovac for saying they were 'optimistic' about signing Sane. He said:

"We have a very good relationship with Man City. We have to respect players who are under contract with other clubs. It's also a FIFA regulation".

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bayern-muenchen/karl-heinz-rummenigge-transfer-leroy-sane-niko-kovac-63654194.sport.html (In German)

Which translates as: "We despise Chelsea and will do all we can to unsettle their players to try and tempt them to sign for us. We can safely ignore any FIFA regulations."

One possible translation. Lots of other possibles. One could be 'there is actually a prospect of City selling this player we want to us, so we shouldn't piss them off too much', with a reasonable implication being that they didn't really want other players they might have mentioned. 

TBH the position Bayern were genuinely interested based on a partial quote is as much guess work as the contrary. We all know people lie or misrepresent to further their own ends, and that this is extremely common in football. 

Ham   
42 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

One possible translation. Lots of other possibles. One could be 'there is actually a prospect of City selling this player we want to us, so we shouldn't piss them off too much', with a reasonable implication being that they didn't really want other players they might have mentioned. 

TBH the position Bayern were genuinely interested based on a partial quote is as much guess work as the contrary. We all know people lie or misrepresent to further their own ends, and that this is extremely common in football. 

Another possible translation is that they have a very good relationship with Pep but no respect for us. 

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

Another possible translation is that they have a very good relationship with Pep but no respect for us. 

Agreed; it could mean lots of things and that seems an astute take. That's why I'd suggest not paying much attention to it or anything similar in the first place. 

15 hours ago, Ham said:

These things normally mean something. 

It might mean even more if he could crack a smile! 😉 😉

• Like 1

I wonder if the only thing holding up announcement of an extended contract is the insurance.  Players get insured against injury, and I would presume the insurers have quite a few questions right now about CHO.  Perhaps they are still waiting for a medical report, or perhaps the proposed insurance is based around CHO hitting certain milestones by a date this month.  It would explain both press confidence and Lampard confidence in a contract renewal but no actual announcement.

Rob B   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I wonder if the only thing holding up announcement of an extended contract is the insurance.  Players get insured against injury, and I would presume the insurers have quite a few questions right now about CHO.  Perhaps they are still waiting for a medical report, or perhaps the proposed insurance is based around CHO hitting certain milestones by a date this month.  It would explain both press confidence and Lampard confidence in a contract renewal but no actual announcement.

This is very plausible. I work in insurance and I know for a fact that insurers have become very weary in the past few years when dealing with professional athletes simply due to the vast sums involved now (wages etc)

51 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I know for a fact that insurers have become very weary

Weary?  I suspect they are loving the business now it comes with an extra zero or two at the end.  :)
Wary, I bet.

• Like 1

chara   

OK...open myself to attacks or at least harsh criticism … I'm getting just a bit tired of the CHO debate in regard to the fact that we have a young player with "potential" garnering a great deal of attention and involved somehow (maybe not his fault) with a lot of "media" stories.

Agree he looks one for the future but I don't think at this stage he is really worth all the spotlight. "Get some in" as they say.

Oh and don't come back with any comments about "Don't read it etc if you don't like it"..that is not the point.

• Like 1