• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

To put it in persepctive, he is well ahead of minutes played by JT at the same age.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I asked a rethorical question in another topic - which Chelsea manager has given a 17/18 year old as much playing time as Sarri has given CHO? 

CHO is still some way behind Jody Morris - in which case the manager would be Gullitt.  (and Hoddle gave him his debut.  It was when already 5-0 up, but  in those days there were just 2 + a GK on the bench, so getting to the bench was an achievement in itself).  Loads if you want to go back before Morris, but we were a top 6 club only after Hoddle left. 

Similar numbers to CHO (I really can't be arsed counting the mins)  were Forssell (98/9, Vialli) and Josh McEachran 10/11 (CA).

There was similar hype for all 3, which was probably deserved by Forssell.

And yet not a peep out of a certain young George - highly rated Chelsea youngster, on the same WC U17 team as Sancho/CHO/Foden.  If anyone thinks they deserve a run of games for Chelsea it must be George  (and Mark Guehi).  

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It's also inaccurate

If we are doing apples with apples, in the equivalent season, when JT started as a 17 year old and turned 18 (JT in December, CHO in November), JT played 7 games (CHO currently at 23). The year after JT played 9 games, so 16 in total. CHO is already past that with a season and a bit left to go

My point exactly. 

9 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I asked a rethorical question in another topic - which Chelsea manager has given a 17/18 year old as much playing time as Sarri has given CHO? 

Someone mentioned JT. That's over 20 years ago... 

Who says we are not busting a gut to get him to sign a new contract? 

Why would it need to be done 'openly'? 

I would like to see him withdraw his transfer request then I may feel we are doing something.

As for playing time, its whether he thinks he is getting the chances rather than whether we think he is. Kids today all think they are gods and deserve to play all the time.

Pleased to see Southgate is talking with him and seemingly talking sense

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

I would like to see him withdraw his transfer request then I may feel we are doing something.

As for playing time, its whether he thinks he is getting the chances rather than whether we think he is. Kids today all think they are gods and deserve to play all the time.

I don’t know mate. From what I gather,  most of the noise is coming from the press and his brother/dad. Every time he says something he’s always very diplomatic and actually comes across as a decent lad. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did sign a contract end of season. 

• Like 1

Assist for CHO so far but an assist and goal for Ross the boss.

35 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I don’t know mate. From what I gather,  most of the noise is coming from the press and his brother/dad. Every time he says something he’s always very diplomatic and actually comes across as a decent lad. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did sign a contract end of season. 

He certainly isn't getting the blackout treatment you might expect a club to give an alleged contract rebel. If anything he's front and centre in our PR and press. I also suspect that he's pretty happy here and that a new deal could be incoming. 

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

He certainly isn't getting the blackout treatment you might expect a club to give an alleged contract rebel. If anything he's front and centre in our PR and press. I also suspect that he's pretty happy here and that a new deal could be incoming. 

There have been so many clear indications that the CHO to BM story was always bs.  The involvement of father and brother, but no real agent (who does not hire a proper agent when BM come calling? )  The very idea that BM would start him regularly, let alone that there were guarantees he would start.  The parallel with Jadon Sancho which somehow gave the story a credence it did not deserve (and Sancho had jumped ship before at 14).  And most of all, Bayern Munich staff talking openly about another club's player - their teenage player - clubs just don't do that about players on their short list, only about players they are not directly interested in.

Plus as you say the high profile he gets from the club media relations team.  (compare the Conte profile - I don't think he was mentioned once on the official site between FA Cup and sacking).

• Callum Hudson-Odoi (18y 138d) became the second youngest male player to start a competitive match for England after Wayne Rooney vs Turkey in April 2003 (17y 160d).

From the BBC:

This is a superb showing from Callum Hudson-Odoi. Superb.

The 18-year-old takes a sublime touch to bring the ball down, then beats two defenders to reach the edge of the box, but his low curling effort is tipped away by the diving Danijel Petkovic.