• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He didn't really. His first PL start was in April. There is a complete myth that he was playing regularly from the moment Bayern came sniffing.

CHO played a fair bit in January becasue we had cup ties against lower league opposition. 

I have no issue with the way Sarri integrated CHO slowly into the first team, rather than just chucking him in the deep end at 17. 

I didn’t specify PL starts though. It can’t really be a complete myth, if you follow it with he played a fair bit in January because of........

He couldn’t even get on the bench across the first 2/3 months of the season.

It was not a case of starting CHO often last season, it was a case of not waiting until Xmas time to start using him in some capacity.

If people don’t  t have an issue with how Sarri used him then that’s fine, I can kinda go with that. What I can’t accept is any praise for Sarri for introducing CHO into the team. That’s just not justified.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I didn’t specify PL starts though. It can’t really be a complete myth, if you follow it with he played a fair bit in January because of........

It was not a case of starting CHO often last season, it was a case of not waiting until Xmas time to start using him in some capacity.

If people don’t  t have an issue with how Sarri used him then that’s fine, I can kinda go with that. What I can’t accept is any praise for Sarri for introducing CHO into the team. That’s just not justified.

He started playing as the fixtures starting piling up. In the same way this season, by Janaury, if we are still in the league cup, there will be loads of opportunites for some of the fringe players as the FA cup gets going too. 

3 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Sarri knew he was gone by the time he started picking CHO on a regular basis, the same with RLC.

? Gone as in he already knew he'd go to Juve? 

Loftus-Cheek played regularly from October and from beginning of December in the league after some impressive displays. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have no issue with the way Sarri integrated CHO slowly into the first team, rather than just chucking him in the deep end at 17. 

Quite. A young player should be integrated slowly. They are quite vulnerable at that age, both physically and mentally. 

26 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think Sarri introduced him excellently. Not sure how anyone can have something bad to say about it to be perfectly honest. 

38 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Why would an Italian manager completely new to the PL start using a 17 year old in the first few months when he had a massive squad stacked full of players he would have known from their time in Italy?  I mean the idea he'd play this unknown 17 year old while the likes of Cahill, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Emerson, Barkley, Giroud (who'd just won a different WC competition) were barely getting on the bench?

It is a completely unreasonable suggestion.

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I think Sarri introduced him excellently. Not sure how anyone can have something bad to say about it to be perfectly honest. 

Don't know about Zoowra, but for many it is just part of the "I'm not going to admit Sarri did OK, I'll impeach him for something" mood.  

Obama built walls, banned muslims, never played Foden, but no one wants to impeach Pep.  Resist.

Edited by Droy was my hero

38 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He started playing as the fixtures starting piling up. In the same way this season, by Janaury, if we are still in the league cup, there will be loads of opportunites for some of the fringe players as the FA cup gets going too. 

It can be viewed both ways. What lets down your theory slightly is December, we played more games in December (and in shorter space of time) and he was hardly involved. He had his most involvement in January that did also hapopen to coincide with the window, then was slightly lesser involved again from February.

Dec - We played 9 games and CHO started 1 and was on the bench for 2 others

Jan - We played 8 games and CHO started 3 and was on the bench in 4 others

Feb - We played 7 games and CHO started 1 and on bench in 5 others

Mar - We played 6 games and CHO started 1 and on bench in 5 others.

11 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

? Gone as in he already knew he'd go to Juve? 

Loftus-Cheek played regularly from October and from beginning of December in the league after some impressive displays. 

Quite. A young player should be integrated slowly. They are quite vulnerable at that age, both physically and mentally. 

The writing was clearly on the wall for Sarri from the New Year. It was a bonus that Juve took him because it saved us money in sacking him. He knew he was on the way out.

Agreed with the young player needs to be introduced slowly, but he still underused CHO and we did not exactly have people playing brilliantly in his position throughout the season. He was nowhere to be seen early on, off the back of being our best player in pre season.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

It can be viewed both ways. What lets down your theory slightly is December, we played more games in December (and in shorter space of time) and he was hardly involved. He had his most involvement in January that did also hapopen to coincide with the window, then was slightly lesser involved again from February.

Dec - We played 9 games and CHO started 1 and was on the bench for 2 others

Jan - We played 8 games and CHO started 3 and was on the bench in 4 others

Feb - We played 7 games and CHO started 1 and on bench in 5 others

Mar - We played 6 games and CHO started 1 and on bench in 5 others.

The writing was clearly on the wall for Sarri from the New Year. It was a bonus that Juve took him because it saved us money in sacking him. He knew he was on the way out.

Agreed with the young player needs to be introduced slowly, but he still underused CHO and we did not exactly have people playing brilliantly in his position throughout the season. He was nowhere to be seen early on, off the back of being our best player in pre season.

That is nonsense, quite frankly. Fans never liked him becuase "he smokes too much" and "he took lots of notes" (two of the laughable reason I have read on here) and they wanted him gone. Fact is, and much to a lot of people's annoyance, he delivered. Why would Roman have sacked him? He ended up with a bigger job at a better club! 

You confirm my point with your anlaysis. January he played more as the FA cup started and we had games against poor opposition. He then started 1 game in each of the next 2 months - yet there was "pressure to pick him"? 

For a 17/18 year old, he played a good number of minutes across all 4 competitions. Far more so than any of his contempories 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

100% bollox.  Great manager, did a great job.  Resist.  Impeach.  "Crowdstrike" for those that know who I mean.

BTW one thing we should all know about management moves - clubs approach candidates long before they let their current manager know they want him out.  Sarri would have know by February that Juve wanted him.  He wouldn't expect to hear about being sacked until April/May.

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

100% bollox.  Great manager, did a great job.  Resist.  Impeach.  "Crowdstrike" for those that know who I mean.

BTW one thing we should all know about management moves - clubs approach candidates long before they let their current manager know they want him out.  Sarri would have know by February that Juve wanted him.  He wouldn't expect to hear about being sacked until April/May.

Cracks me up every time that you insist that others provide direct quotes and signed documentation/affidavits when you disagree but spout this kind of stuff as fact. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That is nonsense, quite frankly. Fans never liked him becuase "he smokes too much" and "he took lots of notes" (two of the laughable reason I have read on here) and they wanted him gone. Fact is, and much to a lot of people's annoyance, he delivered. Why would Roman have sacked him? He ended up with a bigger job at a better club! 

You confirm my point with your anlaysis. January he played more as the FA cup started and we had games against poor opposition. He then started 1 game in each of the next 2 months - yet there was "pressure to pick him"? 

For a 17/18 year old, he played a good number of minutes across all 4 competitions. Far more so than any of his contempories 

Not sure how in confirms your point. We played more games in December and in a shorter times period with Xmas programme, yet he barely featured. Then January when we played 1 less game than December and the window was open, he played more. The window shut and he played less again! The pressure had gone due to the window being closed.

Maybe it is coincedental, but you are being delusional if you think this proves your point! The stats show it up if anything! 

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He didn't do a bad job that is for sure. I dont think we can say he did a great job either.

Personally, had Juve not come calling then I think his chances of still being Chelsea manager for this season would have been very slim. I believe he would have been sacked, or their would have been a mutual parting of company. I firmly believe that the club were delighted when Juve came calling.

Its just my opinion on the matter. I accept I cannot be proven wrong or right, neither side can.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Not sure how in confirms your point. We played more games in December and in a shorter times period with Xmas programme, yet he barely featured. Then January when we played 1 less game than December and the window was open, he played more. The window shut and he played less again! The pressure had gone due to the window being closed.

Maybe it is coincedental, but you are being delusional if you think this proves your point! The stats show it up if anything! 

He didn't do a bad job that is for sure. I dont think we can say he did a great job either.

Personally, had Juve not come calling then I think his chances of still being Chelsea manager for this season would have been very slim. I believe he would have been sacked, or their would have been a mutual parting of company. I firmly believe that the club were delighted when Juve came calling.

Its just my opinion on the matter. I accept I cannot be proven wrong or right, neither side can.

In Janaury we had cup games against Sheffield Wednesday and Forrest. That is why he played. Not because the window was open.