• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

Ham   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In Janaury we had cup games against Sheffield Wednesday and Forrest. That is why he played. Not because the window was open.

But Paul, this is the bit that cannot be proven unless someone in the know speaks out. 

I don't see why people find it hard to accept that the board might have asked Sarri to play CHO more to stave off interest from BM and possibly because the club was being criticised in the media because Southgate rated him higher than the Chelsea manager. 

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Personally, had Juve not come calling then I think his chances of still being Chelsea manager for this season would have been very slim. I believe he would have been sacked, or their would have been a mutual parting of company. I firmly believe that the club were delighted when Juve came calling.

Its just my opinion on the matter. I accept I cannot be proven wrong or right, neither side can.

It is pure make believe. Just a personal dislike for a manager = he was going anyway 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In Janaury we had cup games against Sheffield Wednesday and Forrest. That is why he played. Not because the window was open.

So you have chosen to ignore the information about December, purely because it does not support your argument.

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Ham said:

But Paul, this is the bit that cannot be proven unless someone in the know speaks out. 

I don't see why people find it hard to accept that the board might have asked Sarri to play CHO more to stave off interest from BM and possibly because the club was being criticised in the media because Southgate rated him higher than the Chelsea manager. 

Of course it can't be proven - that doesn't make it right! 

What we do know is that in the 16 years of Roman being in charge NO manager past or present has ever complained, indicated, or implied that Roman or the board have interferred with team selection. All of a sudden, they do now?

Also, the window being open is irrelevant either way, as the board were in control of rejecting / accepting any bids. CHO didn't need to be playing in order for the board to reject Bayern's offer. 

Edit - do you think Bayern backed off because CHO started 2 games against championship teams?

Edited by paulw66

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

So you have chosen to ignore the information about December, purely because it does not support your argument.

Not really. I am saing he played more often in January because of our opponents. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

It is pure make believe. Just a personal dislike for a manager = he was going anyway 

Not true. It's just my opinion that he would not be here now.

I thought Sarri was a great appointment, I was a huge admirer of his Napoli team. I also felt that for his style of football to work well, he would need around £300 million quid to bring in players that suited his style of play.

Personally, I did not have the confidence in him as a manager to be given that amount of money in the short-mid term (before the transfer ban came about)

I also found his football very boring to watch. Having seen him at first hand as a Chelsea fan, my opinion of him is not as high as it was, but it dont mean I believe he is a bad manager as such. I also believe he will only last one season at Juve, partly because I dont think its a very good fit and the levels of expectations there and going to be very hard to live up to.

paulw66   
Just now, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Not true. It's just my opinion that he would not be here now.

It's opinion. Fine. But it's baseless. 

There is nothing to suggest the club were going to sack him. 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Of course it can't be proven - that doesn't make it right! 

What we do know is that in the 16 years of Roman being in charge NO manager past or present has ever complained, indicated, or implied that Roman or the board have interferred with team selection. All of a sudden, they do now?

Also, the window being open is irrelevant either way, as the board were in control of rejecting / accepting any bids. CHO didn't need to be playing in order for the board to reject Bayern's offer. 

You are forgetting he did hand in a transfer request. CHO playing didn't affect the boards decision to sell, but it may have influenced CHO decision to really push that transfer through at that time.

He handed the transfer request in for a reason. He is not a guaranteed starter now( regardless of recovering from injury), but he seemed more than happy to sign his new 5 year deal now.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Cracks me up every time that you insist that others provide direct quotes and signed documentation/affidavits when you disagree but spout this kind of stuff as fact. 

I only ask for direct quotes when someone asserts someone said something. Perhaps you can quote me a counter example  :)

But once again you have challenged me on a point (how clubs go about signing and sacking managers) without taking the opposite view.
Do you think they sack first then appoint a head hunter?

16 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

He didn't do a bad job that is for sure. I dont think we can say he did a great job either.

Yes, we can say he did a great job.  He more than deserves that.  4 great seasons with Napoli and Chelsea and head hunted by Juve.

17 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Personally, had Juve not come calling then I think his chances of still being Chelsea manager for this season would have been very slim. I believe he would have been sacked, or their would have been a mutual parting of company. I firmly believe that the club were delighted when Juve came calling.

So you think the club wanted Frank in 2019 rather than give him till 2020 to learn his trade.

So much of this is similar to the Trump impeachment (or the meaning of the word "is").  Total denial.  Demand a people's vote on it.

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not really. I am saing he played more often in January because of our opponents. 

But you did start by saying he played more in Jan due to number of games. Once it was clear we played more in December, it then switched to who the opposition was and what type of games we had in Jan.