• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

paulw66   
38 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Just read. Even if the story is exaggerated, even if the model was a set up ... Still an idiot. Crappy PR, and surely puts his team mates and our season in jeopardy by not distancing. 

I have a very clear line on this personally; not seeing an explicit allegation but if he has laid hands on her, get him out of the club. I'd say that of anyone.

Just on the bolded bit, bearing in mind he has had COVID19, perhaps he isn't risking anyone else? I know the evidence is currently inconclusive on this

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

"Laid hands" well I agree that is the issue,   But the Sun says "The model was taken to hospital after complaining of feeling unwell."

so that doesn't seem to be the case.  Frankly this is exactly what one might expect to happen when you give some young lad mega bucks a week.  And at least part of the story seems to have been fed to the press by the girl and neighbours  *
I feel sorry for CHO, my minimum expectations for his behaviour are pretty low other than keeping out of the press.  He should choose his methods and neighbours more carefully.

My only real surprise is that there are only a handful of PL players getting into trouble ...

Quite. I'm not going to rush to the harshest judgement. He's young, he has incredible amounts of money and time on his hands, and it there are plenty of people who stand to gain from setting or showing him up. Playing into the hands of those people is idiocy, but there are worse things than being an idiot. 

I'd not be calling for anything more than a behind-closed-doors telling off if it is just as reported. But I'd want any club taking a very clear and tough line on any evidenced physical or domestic abuse. Hopefully, for lots of reasons, that won't apply here.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I have a very clear line on this personally; not seeing an explicit allegation but if he has laid hands on her, get him out of the club. I'd say that of anyone.

I agree. If it's proven he has laid hands on her, he should be shipped out of the club immediately. Other clubs may well welcome footballers who beats up women. We should be, and are, a damn sight better than that I'd hope. 

Hopefully just a storm in a tea cup. 

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Just on the bolded bit, bearing in mind he has had COVID19, perhaps he isn't risking anyone else? I know the evidence is currently inconclusive on this

Just what I was thinking. Piers Morgan though isn't the brightest man walking this planet. 

41 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

you could add that no team mate under 35 is really in jeopardy.  The issue is whether some of them have grandparents living at home.

25 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

But I'd want any club taking a very clear and tough line on any evidenced physical or domestic abuse.

My best guess is that this isn't so much domestic as "at work".  But of course we don't know and it makes no difference.
I forget all the good things our club stands up for in public, but I have a feeling domestic abuse in on the long list.

Yup:
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/04/02/chelsea-fc-to-team-up-with-uk-charity-refuge

Edited by Droy was my hero

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

I agree. If it's proven he has laid hands on her, he should be shipped out of the club immediately. Other clubs may well welcome footballers who beats up women. We should be, and are, a damn sight better than that I'd hope. 

The Sun story says she felt unwell - no suggestion of beating - and they know how to suggest when they want to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The Sun story says she felt unwell - no suggestion of beating - and they know how to suggest when they want to.

True.

But why was he then arrested? If it's no violance, then I can only imagine 'drunk and disordely' or that there was drugs involved. 

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

True.

But why was he then arrested? If it's no violance, then I can only imagine 'drunk and disordely' or that there was drugs involved. 

I think you put your finger on the potential problem.  But remember the police don't have a lot to do nowadays at 4am, and following certain types of dispute, a whole lot of allegations often get thrown around which the Police are compelled to investigate whatever their immediate impression.

He direct messaged my Sister on Social Media a few years before he became famous, and messaged her again earlier this season! 

My Sister rejected him on both occasions haha.

He has been pictured with this girl together in Dubai months ago so it is not a random he met online as insinuated some papers, leading to online speculation they were arguing over how much she was to be paid for visiting him. Droy I presume that is what you mean by an "at work" dispute.

Somebody is leaking a lot of information on the content of their private messages, so I question the motive behind that. Will wait to hear more detail as the reports sound as if they are trying to be intentionally misleading, but at the moment it does not sound good.

53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

you could add that no team mate under 35 is really in jeopardy.  The issue is whether some of them have grandparents living at home.

My best guess is that this isn't so much domestic as "at work".  But of course we don't know and it makes no difference.
I forget all the good things our club stands up for in public, but I have a feeling domestic abuse in on the long list.

Yup:
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/04/02/chelsea-fc-to-team-up-with-uk-charity-refuge

Being a bore here (because that's me and because I've worked delivering rehabilitative/violence reduction services to men who have used abuse) but the in general, and certainly most police, terms 'domestic' includes abuse between any, ahem, 'intimate partners'. Indeed, some police forces use that language instead.

I know you weren't suggesting anything untoward though, just sharing for the sake of it. And yes, our partnership with Refuge is what came immediately to mind in a soulless, PR-sense.

• Like 1