• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

Kezza   
On 8/10/2020 at 0:33 AM, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

He looked a lot more vibrant and eager under Sarri IMO. He just seems so disinterested nowadays. I hope that he really puts his head down and works over this short break.

Still enjoying his first big paycheck in my opinion. We are finished if we are depending on him as replacements for Pedro and Willian. Should have let Bayern taken the hit. Bet they are breathing a big sigh of relief now.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Still enjoying his first big paycheck in my opinion. We are finished if we are depending on him as replacements for Pedro and Willian. Should have let Bayern taken the hit. Bet they are breathing a big sigh of relief now.

What is your stance on KdB and Salah?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Lol. Hudson-Odoi is still only 19. Considering his age, he isn’t doing too badly. 

Next two seasons will he important for him. Personally I hope he stays here and that he isn’t sent out on loan. 

paulw66   
14 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Lol. Hudson-Odoi is still only 19. Considering his age, he isn’t doing too badly. 

Next two seasons will he important for him. Personally I hope he stays here and that he isn’t sent out on loan. 

The same people who slag the club for selling KdB and Salah too early are now prepared to write off a 19 year old. It's hilarious.

I have been quite critical of CHO's contribution, but like you say........19 years of age only. 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The same people who slag the club for selling KdB and Salah too early are now prepared to write off a 19 year old. It's hilarious.

I have been quite critical of CHO's contribution, but like you say........19 years of age only. 

Exactly. KDB was 21 when he came here and he had only been good in Belgium prior to him signing. Salah was 22 after having played in Switzerland.

So it’s absolutely ridiculous to rue us selling them while ripping CHO to pieces because he isn’t pulling up trees in the PL at 19. 

Sir   
On 13/08/2020 at 9:18 AM, paulw66 said:

Thing is, and correct me if I’m wrong.. first of all I think Odoi needs a loan. 100 per cent. Also, KDB was smashing it in Belgium, hence why we signed him (and Courtois) now I can’t remember how long KDB was here before, but if his loan to Bremen plus what he did in Germany wasn’t evidence enough that he should get a fair crack here then I guess we don’t deserve to have the guy. Sort of the same with Salah, I was spectacle when we signed him, but again, if his loan wasn’t evidence enough that he deserved a fair go here, then I really don’t know. He did well with Fiorentina then obviously really well with Roma, and then utterly smashed it with Liverpool. Obviously transfers like that can go either way sometimes, but again, we signed them for a reason, lobes then where they both did well, then decided to sell them when in reality (hindsight is great) but even then I wouldn’t have sold them. And actually the same with Lukaku. It’s like we did the right thing with him, then the wrong thing. Obviously people really differ on him but personally I wouldn’t of sold him. And we did really well with Courtois, really really well. Whoever was identifying these Belgian talents  really was doing his/her job incredibly well. Thankfully his talent and ability was fairly obvious,  and I just think we were seriously unlucky he wanted to leave, and boy do we miss him.

So the Odoi comparison isn’t exactly fair, although I guess you’re sort of meaning his age etc which is fair enough. But my opinion on Odoi hasn’t changed. 

19 hours ago, Sir said:

Thing is, and correct me if I’m wrong.. first of all I think Odoi needs a loan. 100 per cent. Also, KDB was smashing it in Belgium, hence why we signed him (and Courtois) now I can’t remember how long KDB was here before, but if his loan to Bremen plus what he did in Germany wasn’t evidence enough that he should get a fair crack here then I guess we don’t deserve to have the guy. Sort of the same with Salah, I was spectacle when we signed him, but again, if his loan wasn’t evidence enough that he deserved a fair go here, then I really don’t know. He did well with Fiorentina then obviously really well with Roma, and then utterly smashed it with Liverpool. Obviously transfers like that can go either way sometimes, but again, we signed them for a reason, lobes then where they both did well, then decided to sell them when in reality (hindsight is great) but even then I wouldn’t have sold them. And actually the same with Lukaku. It’s like we did the right thing with him, then the wrong thing. Obviously people really differ on him but personally I wouldn’t of sold him. And we did really well with Courtois, really really well. Whoever was identifying these Belgian talents  really was doing his/her job incredibly well. Thankfully his talent and ability was fairly obvious,  and I just think we were seriously unlucky he wanted to leave, and boy do we miss him.

So the Odoi comparison isn’t exactly fair, although I guess you’re sort of meaning his age etc which is fair enough. But my opinion on Odoi hasn’t changed. 

Agree with a lot of this. The problem currently facing us is that CHO is clearly talented but he needs minutes. Normally, the route for such a player here would be 1-3 years on loan and then we see where he is at. The issue we had however, is that CHO got down to 1 year at 18 and then had Bayern sniffing around. This led to a lot of hype around him where people were beginning to think he was some sort of Mbappe/Neymar type figure (he isn't.) This then led to his massive wage. 

Now the problem we have is that he really needs a loan to develop but he is being paid like a star player.

Just to clarify, I rate CHO and think he could be a very good player, however I think it will take a while for him to get there and he needs a loan or two to do it. Otherwise he could end up like RLC. 

Edited by King Kante

37 minutes ago, King Kante said:

The problem currently facing us is that CHO is clearly talented but he needs minutes.

Hours rather.  About 50 hours/ 30 full games a season right now.  If the club thinks he is worth that £120k a week contract then they really need to get him out in a Championship team next season on a subsidised loan.  With the option to move on in January.  He'll get kicked a lot though.

Kezza   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hours rather.  About 50 hours/ 30 full games a season right now.  If the club thinks he is worth that £120k a week contract then they really need to get him out in a Championship team next season on a subsidised loan.  With the option to move on in January.  He'll get kicked a lot though.

If he can't get a loan at a PL team he probably isn't good enough even at this age. He needs to play in the PL right from now if he is to be good enough. We are paying him a lot of dough to not expect him to at least be good in a bottom PL team.

11 minutes ago, Kezza said:

If he can't get a loan at a PL team he probably isn't good enough even at this age. He needs to play in the PL right from now if he is to be good enough. We are paying him a lot of dough to not expect him to at least be good in a bottom PL team.

Playing at too low a level is one risk.  But not playing at all is a much much greater risk.
I think the other way to you.  If we really believe in him, then a) we should be loaning him at a subsidised cost (no PL team will pay more than half his wages this coming season, and no Championship team more than a quarter), and b) he should go somewhere with a high probability of playing and c) with an option to move on in January if he is not picked or ready for a bigger club.

The only justification for keeping him or sending him to a PL team is if we don't really expect him to make it and there is little investment to worry about.