• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Official: Callum Hudson-Odoi Signs New 5-Year Contract

jones   

Genuinely think too many fans have been intoxicated by our own fear of playing younger players. It really is not all that complicated. CHO is more than good enough to play more often than he is playing. Both because of his own abilities, but also because of Willian and Pedro's performances. Players do not have to be perfect in all aspects of the game to play for this club.

Sarri's poor judgement may cost us the best academy player since John Terry. Not all his fault, this fault is of course just as much on club/board level, but it is one of the reasons I lost faith in Sarri a long time ago. 

Integrating academy players and creating a Chelsea identity and culture for the years to come will be more important than titles or playing attractive football short term. We need a manager that fits that job description.

That man is Frank.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jones said:

Genuinely think too many fans have been intoxicated by our own fear of playing younger players. It really is not all that complicated. CHO is more than good enough to play more often than he is playing. Both because of his own abilities, but also because of Willian and Pedro's performances. Players do not have to be perfect in all aspects of the game to play for this club.

CHO DS.   Neither Willian nor Pedro have been that bad - and Pedro has been really quite good this season.  Both play a much more sophisticated game than has been required of CHO to date.  We have seen a number of instances of CHO playing without achieving much - put a different number on his back and the crowd would be screaming for him to come off.  

More to the point - just because he has had a few good spells of 20 mins here or there, does not guarantee us another in the next game, any more than one quiet game by Willian guarantees a quiet game the next day.

19 minutes ago, jones said:

Sarri's poor judgement may cost us the best academy player since John Terry. Not all his fault, this fault is of course just as much on club/board level, but it is one of the reasons I lost faith in Sarri a long time ago. 

Doubly triple Choo Choo CHODS.  The judgement is fine.  The club are willing to pay the player we hear 100k a week.  The only possible reason we might lose him (and I really doubt that we will) would be if we display him to other clubs too much.

21 minutes ago, jones said:

I lost faith in Sarri a long time ago. 

That does seem to be the main piece of evidence that Sarri has got CHO wrong.

21 minutes ago, jones said:

Integrating academy players and creating a Chelsea identity and culture for the years to come will be more important than titles or playing attractive football short term. We need a manager that fits that job description.

That man is Frank.

We have a Chelsea identity and culture - surprised anyone would suggest otherwise.

As for the other 4 underline parts, lets just say I 100% disagree.

PS - anyone observing the results of the lower aged teams will have realised that most other Academies have caught up with us.  After CHO's year group the Academy is likely to become even less relevant than before.

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Always probable he is apparently being offered more money.
I'd like to think CHO has handled his agents very well, and got what he wants without having to leave.  
All Chelsea can be accused of is trying to get him to sign a 5 year contract before he broke through.

3 hours ago, jones said:

CHO is more than good enough to play more often than he is playing. Both because of his own abilities, but also because of Willian and Pedro's performances.

This is the important point many people here seems to be missing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blue_everest said:

We are missing it because we simply don't believe it on what we have seen.

It's opinion based evidence - Sarri is an idiot therefore......

Ham   
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are missing it because we simply don't believe it on what we have seen.

It's opinion based evidence - Sarri is an idiot therefore......

Who is this "we" you speak on behalf of?

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Who is this "we" you speak on behalf of?

Ask Blue Everest - but I count myself as one of them.

20 minutes ago, blue_everest said:

I find it slightly irritating that someone who was supposedly so concerned about professional development would sign a new contract for more money at the place he deemed to be inhibiting the growth of his career.