• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45  Wednesday, 3rd April, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Well, they're better than Cardiff so ...

jones   

Big changes needed. 7 players and new formation:

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Luiz Emerson

Kante RLC

Willian Hazard Hudson-Odoi

Giroud

I think Sarri really needs to think about this one carefully. I’d be going with;

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek; Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Hazard

^He'd be slaughtered for making too many changes again.

Certainly RLC needs to try and find 90 mins like his last 26.  As much for himself as for Chelsea.

JaneB   

Well I really hope that if Chelsea don't win this one, Brighton do 🤔

I'm willing them to stay up and I love Chris Hughton.

7 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I think Sarri really needs to think about this one carefully. I’d be going with;

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek; Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Hazard

Yes, this would be my line-up as well. Sadly, you just know that he isn't going to start Hudson-Odoi :(.

kev61   

A probable win,but I would rather see him sacked as soon as possible - sorry I speak my mind.

Leo91   

What I would like to see in terms of experimentation (I've given up on top 4), lets see what a team like below can do.

Kepa

Zappa Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Kante

Kova RLC

CHO Pedro Hazard

High press and tempo all over the park. Technical players for quick two touch passing. But I'm dreaming and I need to wake up.

Kepa

Azpi, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso

Jorginho

Kante Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Hazard

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

^He'd be slaughtered for making too many changes again.

Certainly RLC needs to try and find 90 mins like his last 26.  As much for himself as for Chelsea.

He'll get slaughtered if he doesn't win enough matches. He'll get an additional level of slaughtering if he doesn't win enough games and playing in a style (sic) as witnessed since early December. 

He'll pretty much always get a harder time than his peers from the media, because he's the Chelsea Manager. There might be a brief time at the start of his tenure when they appear to be 'more friendly', they'll try to find a weakness then chip away. He'll get a better time from them when he's sacked, then the club will get slaughtered.

Brighton will in all likelihood sit deep with 9 + the keeper behind the ball and play on the break. Same basic tactics worked for Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, Everton. Sarri needs to adapt, and there's the real rub for me in that he doesn't do it to any great degree. Change the rules, surprise them. Go three at the back, create width higher up the pitch and stretch the opposition out to create gaps in their two defensive lines. Do something different, there'd be no moans from me and I suspect a number of fans if he'd try a different approach.