• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Just now, chelboy said:

I just hope he swallows his pride and sticks with this team for the rest of the season. Every fan could see this is our best line up , deep down I am sure he knows it too. 

So do I, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ‘rotates’ Kovacic and Willian back in for West Ham.

for me, barring injury and fitness permitting, this is the 11 that see’s us through to the end of the season and if it is, we’ll actually remain part of the battle for top 4.

Lets see what Monday brings, but for now I’m going to enjoy the fact we’ve just seen a Chelsea team in the premier league with 3 academy players staring - the youth investment may be starting to pay off.

3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I just hope he swallows his pride and sticks with this team for the rest of the season. Every fan could see this is our best line up , deep down I am sure he knows it too. 

BHA were pretty poor though. I think the context of the opposition has to be taken into consideration here as well. RLC was very very quiet until that moment of magic from him (which we all know he is capable of) and CHO I thought was also quiet. 

I don’t know... I’d be tempted to start Pedro next game and Barkley as well against the next team.

Just now, hallgalley said:

Top prediction what for the rest of the season 😀

Finish 5  jbut win the Europa League 2-1 against Napoli do get a champions league spot Higuain getting the winner after coming on as sub in his final Chelsea appearance 😂😂

chelboy   
6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Finally got a sensible starting 11. Just pop Rudiger back in and these should start for the rest of the season.

On recent form I think Rudiger has been dodgy at the back. Could do with a break. Christensen is calm in defensive situations where sometimes Rudiger is rash. 

I didn’t think the team played exceptionally well. We were solid and the midfield was disciplined and we got 2 beauties from RLC and Hazard. There wasn’t an unusual amount of cutting edge IMO. 3 goals went in and that looks great on the scorecard but I feel the problems about movement off the ball were still blatantly obvious IMO.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

BHA were pretty poor though. I think the context of the opposition has to be taken into consideration here as well. RLC was very very quiet until that moment of magic from him (which we all know he is capable of) and CHO I thought was also quiet. 

I don’t know... I’d be tempted to start Pedro next game and Barkley as well against the next team.

So you wouldn’t give this 11 another chance to go again and prove themselves in a London derby? I absolutely would.

Pedro and Barkley has a chance against Cardiff and offered less than very little.

That was some performance. Toss up between Hazard and Jorginho for MoM while Loftus-Cheek and Kanté were excellent as well. Hudson-Odoi very, very good first half but dwindled somewhat in the second. Still a good performance and kept width all game which was nice to see from our wingers from a change. 

I concur that this is our best starting XI with Christensen/Rüdiger and Hudson-Odoi/Pedro being the question marks and decided upon form. Loftus-Cheek is just such a natural talent and his potemtial is freightening. How he doesn't start most of our games is beyond me - twice the player Kovacic is and much more consistent than Barkley. 

Hoping this will prove to be a turning point for Sarri and that he uses this as the base going forward. 

chelboy   
5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Certainly not Barkley for RLC. I think RLC is important in the no.8 role for us. Pedro usually plays well at home so maybe but I think this 11 has a good balance about it. 

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

So you wouldn’t give this 11 another chance to go again and prove themselves in a London derby? I absolutely would.

Pedro and Barkley has a chance against Cardiff and offered less than very little.

I think West Ham could potentially be a very physical higher pressing side. I would prefer something a bit more “experienced” in a heated game like that. 

I would probably rotate them a bit more often into the side if that would help. Starting games regularly though? I’m not so sure just yet.

Only the second time we’ve scored three goals in a league game since early November, the other time was against Huddersfield. 

To claim that performance wasn’t a huge improvement over what we’ve seen recently would be massively disingenuous.