• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Certainly not Barkley for RLC. I think RLC is important in the no.8 role for us. Pedro usually plays well at home so maybe but I think this 11 has a good balance about it. 

Barkley’s place is there for the taking in the starting 11. But RLC has to get on the ball more IMO. I would like to see him involved more and doing great things more often than once a game. Maybe I am being harsh on him but that’s the reality. He has big boots to fill in Lampard and Fabregas.

1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think West Ham could potentially be a very physical higher pressing side. I would prefer something a bit more “experienced” in a heated game like that. 

I would probably rotate them a bit more often into the side if that would help. Starting games regularly though? I’m not so sure just yet.

I understand the concern about just throwing them all in regularly, bits not like they’re being put in in place of players on anywhere near top form.

For example, RLC has 5 PL goals in 2 starts and Barkley and Kovacic have 4 goals combined in a combined 31 starts. Imagine if RLC was given more playing time (and of course can stay fit). Just feels crazy not to be giving this guys starts as often as possible from here on in.

4 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Only the second time we’ve scored three goals in a league game since early November, the other time was against Huddersfield. 

To claim that performance wasn’t a huge improvement over what we’ve seen recently would be massively disingenuous. 

Everton: 

17 shots 5 on target 666 passes 68% possession.

Cardiff: 

21 shots 3 on target 592 passes 72% possession.

BHA: 

17 shots 4 on target 751 passes 69% possession.

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I didn’t think the team played exceptionally well. We were solid and the midfield was disciplined and we got 2 beauties from RLC and Hazard. There wasn’t an unusual amount of cutting edge IMO. 3 goals went in and that looks great on the scorecard but I feel the problems about movement off the ball were still blatantly obvious IMO.

Thought similar to be honest. Wasn't as an impressive performance as the scoreline would suggest. Brighton were duller than a butter knife and virtually made little effort to make a real go of it. Some good play with CHO and Giroud to work their goal, then two individual moments of brilliance with Hazard and RCL to ice the cake. On another day it could have easily have ended 1-0. That said, an important 3 points heading into the final stretch of games. 

Was good to see CHO, RLC, Emerson, Giroud and Christensen get much deserved starts. We'll now have to wait and see if this is the side that finishes the season out (it should be), or if we'll see a return to the usual suspects. 

bONes   

Just got back home after watching the game at the Bridge.

I thought the defence was excellent - we gave them nothing, Chirstensen was superb, won so many duels and looked confident.

Front 3 with Ruben were great as well, Sarri praised CHO defensively, but he made 1 error in the second half were he jumped in and was easily beaten which allowed their winger to breeze pas Azpi as well. Other than that he did very well. Classy finishes from Ruben and Eden. Giroud did well with the goal, although had a few more opportunities to head in, generally looks like a more suited to EPL player because of his attributes (compared to Higuain).

I saw and lots of negativity directed to Jorginho and Sarri though, people still found what to complain about even after us being 3-0 up.

bONes   
5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Thought similar to be honest. Wasn't as an impressive performance as the scoreline would suggest. Brighton were duller than a butter knife and virtually made little effort to make a real go of it. Some good play with CHO and Giroud to work their goal, then two individual moments of brilliance with Hazard and RCL to ice the cake. On another day it could have easily have ended 1-0. That said, an important 3 points heading into the final stretch of games. 

Was good to see CHO, RLC, Emerson, Giroud and Christensen get much deserved starts. We'll now have to wait and see if this is the side that finishes the season out (it should be), or if we'll see a return to the usual suspects. 

I can agree having watched the game live. We are quite static and not as urgent playing 1 touch passes as it should be in Sarriball (how I understand). There is space to improve.

The positive is that we now had quality players who are able to dribble and shoot - CHO, Hazard and Ruben. They all can do that and those are crucial skills to unlock tight defences.

4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Just noticed Phil Foden is making his first PL start for City tonight and it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the media, nor was his previous lack of starts.

Foden is 6 months older and left "School" a year ago too.

But Pep is an excellent manager => anything he does is an excellent decision => proof that he is an excellent manager.

Jorginho was really excellent tonight.

I thought that the performance from the team as a whole, was 100% application and commitment. I didn’t feel that about the Cardiff performance at all. 

RLC is beginning to really look like a player now. He is very good at protecting possession and is thinking much quicker. Efficient and effective.

CHO good 1st half, but tired in the 2nd. Sarri was right to acknowledge his defensive contribution, which, although he made a few mistakes, was a sign that he is learning very quickly. A proper bona-fide option as one of 4 AMs.

Christensen excellent - pleased for him.

Felt a bit like new Chelsea seeing 3 of them out there tonight from the start. Ironically, he made the changes and we ended up playing more Sarriball in this game than we have for months and months.

All positive - keep it going.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Foden is 6 months older and left "School" a year ago too.

But Pep is an excellent manager => anything he does is an excellent decision => proof that he is an excellent manager.

It does seem that you are getting annoyed that people cannot see what an excellent coach we have.

I expect you will then realise why some many people switched off during the "standing in the wrong place" debate.