• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

23 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No. It’s still Tottenham. I’d rather play on a pitch of dirt supporting Chelsea. So not envious in the slightest. 

Just a minor detail huh? Say what you want of Ruben, but he looks to attack the goal at every opportunity. 2 goals and one assist in his last 90 mins of football. Plus you won’t see him lose the ball all the time either.  

That’s the difference between him and Barkley/Kovacic and at this level you can’t afford to not play your scoring players. I’m simply at loss how people don’t rate him more on here.

There is absolutely no question he is better than Barkley, but that doesnt say a great deal. 

Kovacic, I think it is unfair to compare the two as he's played a role all season that just doesn't suit him.

I've been one of Rubens biggest fans for as long as anyone, I saw him quite a bit in the youth team and have always raved about him. he's got all the talent, I have no doubt about that, he just needs to do more. His goal was sublime, he kept the ball very well and worked hard enough defensively. He did ok, nothing wrong with that, but ok isn't going to be enough for him here. The worrying thing for me is he's not going to get a better chance than this season to really stake his claim as a genuine first team regular in our midfield. As it stands right now a top quality midfielder to play alongside Jorginho and Kante is still our most pressing issue, in terms of improving our starting 11.

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, Stim said:

This is true. When I read reddit folks (lol) talk about Foden they mention how he must be patient and would be good for him to go on loan next year.

Could you imagine the ultimate meltdown if CHO went on loan. It would be biblical.

If we were in City's position, every fart of Sarri would be taken as gospel. But we are not. We are playing poorly and losing ground to top 4 rivals. We have Sarri apologists talking about our squad lacking quality players (yeah all those useless Hazard, Kante and the rest) And then you have RLC and CHO not even being given proper chances.

You can't have it both ways, defending Sarri for not playing CHO then complaining of him not having options on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

If we were in City's position, every fart of Sarri would be taken as gospel. But we are not. We are playing poorly and losing ground to top 4 rivals.

More bullshit from you.

Blue Rod   
38 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

More bullshit from you.

Since Solskjaer took over, Man Utd have made up 9 pts on us. Our run in is a lot harder than most of our top 4 competitors. Get your head out of Sarri's arse and see the truth. 

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

When you look at the cost of a stadium against how much extra revenue it will generate it will take years to even break even.

Rather them, than us with a 1 billion debt to pay back. 

Blue Rod   
36 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

And who moaned about not having options on the bench last night?

All the crap about Sarri not having the players to play decent football has disappeared then? Or you've just shut up only to bring it out next week.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I understand, but it would give more Chelsea supporters access to matches.

Yes, agreed. but that's nothing more than a nice to have, rather than a necessity from a business perspective. a few years ago people were worried about our long term revenue all the while we had a smaller stadium than our rivals. I no longer see that as an issue when the matchday revenue now accounts for about 10% of turnover 

13 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Since Solskjaer took over, Man Utd have made up 9 pts on us. Our run in is a lot harder than most of our top 4 competitors. Get your head out of Sarri's arse and see the truth. 

Is this sort of stuff necessary? 

• Like 1

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

If we were in City's position, every fart of Sarri would be taken as gospel. But we are not. We are playing poorly and losing ground to top 4 rivals. We have Sarri apologists talking about our squad lacking quality players (yeah all those useless Hazard, Kante and the rest) And then you have RLC and CHO not even being given proper chances.

You can't have it both ways, defending Sarri for not playing CHO then complaining of him not having options on the bench. 

you ran out of players after naming our only 2 top class players 

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Funny how some see this as a better performance, just because some peoples preferred players were playing when it was absolutely no different.  

Absolutely 

Can’t see any change to the usual starting eleven on 14th & 28th?

And not forgetting substitutions

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Need to go to specsavers again