Zappa-------Kante----RLC----------Emerson

----CHO-----------Giroud---------Hazard

in the sure knowledge that he won't do that. I expect it will be:

-------------------------Kepa

------Azpi--Rudiger--Luiz--Alonso

---------------------Jorginho

--------------Kante-------------Kovacic

----Pedro-----------Higuain---------Hazard

Just have to hope for some magic but fully expect to play around their box for the first half and concede early in the second.

I'd like the below:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Christensen Emerson

Kanté Jorginho

Hudson-Odoi Loftus-Cheek Hazard

Giroud

So very similar to the 4-3-3 but inverting the midfield triangle to leave Kanté next to Jorginho and giving Loftus-Cheek more license to get into the box.

2 hours ago, East Lower said:

He'll get slaughtered if he doesn't win enough matches. He'll get an additional level of slaughtering if he doesn't win enough games and playing in a style (sic) as witnessed since early December. 

He'll pretty much always get a harder time than his peers from the media, because he's the Chelsea Manager. There might be a brief time at the start of his tenure when they appear to be 'more friendly', they'll try to find a weakness then chip away. He'll get a better time from them when he's sacked, then the club will get slaughtered.

Brighton will in all likelihood sit deep with 9 + the keeper behind the ball and play on the break. Same basic tactics worked for Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, Everton. Sarri needs to adapt, and there's the real rub for me in that he doesn't do it to any great degree. Change the rules, surprise them. Go three at the back, create width higher up the pitch and stretch the opposition out to create gaps in their two defensive lines. Do something different, there'd be no moans from me and I suspect a number of fans if he'd try a different approach. 

If he abandons Sarriball and goes back to Conteball, Roman will just sack him.

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

If he abandons Sarriball and goes back to Conteball, Roman will just sack him.

Doubt it.  IMO he is safe unless he falls out with the players - which could be tricky next year if there is a transfer ban, because there will be a lot of marginal unhappy players sitting on the sidelines.

1 minute ago, McCreadie said:

I have a sneaky feeling that CHO is about to finally start a PL game.

Me too.

If he doesn't start CHO in this game he will get slaughtered by the fans and the press, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he leaves him on the bench - he is incredibly stubborn. 

Plenty of changes from Sunday needed for this one and for me, this is the team that should play:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Christensen  Luiz  Emerson

Kante  Jorginho  RLC

CHO  Giroud  Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Rudiger, Barkley, Kovacic, Pedro, Willian, Higuain

Unfortunately what I expect to see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Rudiger  Luiz  Alonso

Kante  Jorginho  Kovacic

Willian  Higuain  Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Barkley, RLC, CHO, Pedro, Giroud

As soon as we were linked with Higuain I stated he was not the player we should be signing, he's passed it and would be coming to this league too late in his career and sadly I'm being proved right, however as he's Sarri's man, he won't be dropping him, much like Jorginho.

RLC simply has to start this one, we really need his drive, fight and ability to actually create a chance and take a chance. If CHO doesn't start this one, then I don't see where he'll start again this season - give him 90 mins in the PL and let him prove what he can do and then do the same against West Ham and then maybe, just maybe we'll have a genuine option ahead of Pedro and Willian.

paulw66   

If he picks a midfield 3 of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic, I will temtped to go home after the pre match pizza instead of watching a team who will put 11 men behind the ball, waste half the game taking set peices, come against another team whose midfield 3 can't score a goal, and thus whose front 3 will all be double marked. 

If that midfield 3 is picked, I implore people to back a low number of goals in the game. Easy money. 

I would pick

Kepa, Azpilicueta, AC, Luiz, Emerson, Jorginho, RLC, Barkley, Hazard, CHO, Giroud. 

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I'd like the below:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Christensen Emerson

Kanté Jorginho

Hudson-Odoi Loftus-Cheek Hazard

Giroud

So very similar to the 4-3-3 but inverting the midfield triangle to leave Kanté next to Jorginho and giving Loftus-Cheek more license to get into the box.

I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to play Kante at the base together with Jorginho yet.

I would have thought that to be a fairly obvious tweak. 

11 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

According to Sarri's press conference CHO will start this game or the next. Alonso out for 3-4 days with a Hamstring problem. 

He simply has to start both RLC and CHO. 

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

He simply has to start both RLC and CHO. 

You would think that bearing in mind the opposition, the performance on Sunday and the fixtures congestion coming up, if CHO doesn't play this one I don't see him starting a PL game all season.