• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

20 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I have a sneaky feeling that CHO is about to finally start a PL game.

I think he'll start 2 or 3 PL games towards the end of the season if we make it through to the Europa semi-finals. Perhaps that will start tonight.

19 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If he doesn't start CHO in this game he will get slaughtered by the fans and the press, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he leaves him on the bench - he is incredibly stubborn. 

Don't really understand how 'I don't let The Daily Mail pick my starting XI' has become 'incredibly stubborn', tbh. Not sure how many other managers we've had, or anyone has had, pick players based on what journalists and fan message boards want, and even less sure that I'd want someone who did.

Very difficult to do given the numbers in the squad, but the change I'd be looking at for home games against sides likely to let us have the ball and space is to go two up top with Giroud and Higuain starting. It's a low yield strategy and not very pretty, but I'd essentially just be launching the ball at them first-time over and over again for 90 minutes rather than trying to play though a 9 man defence.

6 points from Brighton and West Ham or top 4 goes from unlikely to impossible.

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think he'll start 2 or 3 PL games towards the end of the season if we make it through to the Europa semi-finals. Perhaps that will start tonight.

Don't really understand how 'I don't let The Daily Mail pick my starting XI' has become 'incredibly stubborn', tbh. Not sure how many other managers we've had, or anyone has had, pick players based on what journalists and fan message boards want, and even less sure that I'd want someone who did.

Very difficult to do given the numbers in the squad, but the change I'd be looking at for home games against sides likely to let us have the ball and space is to go two up top with Giroud and Higuain starting. It's a low yield strategy and not very pretty, but I'd essentially just be launching the ball at them first-time over and over again for 90 minutes rather than trying to play though a 9 man defence.

6 points from Brighton and West Ham or top 4 goes from unlikely to impossible.

Hard to disagree with any of this (some will try)

Agree Sarri shouldn't be bullied into picking anyone, whether it be the player himself, the agent, the fans and most of all, the media. If he does or does not pick CHO, it should be because he thinks he should or should not be playing based on his own judgement. Nothing else. 

I also agree that tonight Brighton, like many before them, will not move out of their half, and for the most part, wont move far from the edge of their box. It makes little sense to me to have 4 defenders and 3 midfielders goal side of about 10 of theirs. 

I would take your last point a bit further - we have to win our last 4 home games to stand a chance, and if we do, we will have a chance. 

When asked about the chances of Hudson-Odoi starting, Sarri explained how he had spotted the youngster's talent very soon after he arrived at Chelsea 

'In pre-season after four or five training sessions I realised Callum was a player with great potential. In my opinion in that moment he wasn’t ready to play at this level, but during the season he has improved and now he is ready to play.

'I decided at the beginning of the season he had to stay with us and I put him in the squad. I know Callum very well. I want him to improve more. His potential is high. Callum is always in my mind. He is our future, and now he is ready to play. Probably he will start tomorrow, or the next match.

'Firstly I want to see the condition of all our players, of Willi, Pedro, Eden, all the wingers, but of course he is in my mind.'

asvaberg   

I'll go for a comfortably 9-0 win tonight and put us in 3rd place :)

Sciatika   
12 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I'll go for a comfortably 9-0 win tonight and put us in 3rd place :)

Could you mention it to the other players? I would love to see them go for it.

• Haha 1

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Could you mention it to the other players? I would love to see them go for it.

"other" players........are you impyling asvberg is one of our players in disguise?  

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

"other" players........are you impyling asvberg is one of our players in disguise?  

Or that our players are just ordinary punters in disguise?

BlueFizz   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or that our players are just ordinary punters in disguise?

Are we 'ordinary punters'?

I thought our persistent presence here was probably evidence of some sort of condition or addiction. I think 'ordinary' would have better things to do  its time.

Sciatika   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You mean he isn't? Given the promise to go for it, I had high hopes.

JaneB   
9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

When asked about the chances of Hudson-Odoi starting, Sarri explained how he had spotted the youngster's talent very soon after he arrived at Chelsea 

'In pre-season after four or five training sessions I realised Callum was a player with great potential. In my opinion in that moment he wasn’t ready to play at this level, but during the season he has improved and now he is ready to play.

'I decided at the beginning of the season he had to stay with us and I put him in the squad. I know Callum very well. I want him to improve more. His potential is high. Callum is always in my mind. He is our future, and now he is ready to play. Probably he will start tomorrow, or the next match.

'Firstly I want to see the condition of all our players, of Willi, Pedro, Eden, all the wingers, but of course he is in my mind.'

How to say something without really saying anything at all 🙄