• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Europa League Quarter Final, 1st  Leg match against Slavia Prague at Eden Arena, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Thursday, 11th April, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

So... What to do here? Liverpool away on Sunday. Win that and top four all of a sudden looks likely. Some very tough calls for Sarri here. 

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson; Barkley, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek; Pedro, Giroud, Willian

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Jorginho, Kante, Hudson-Odoi, Hazard, Higuain

Tickets for the home game a week later went on General sale today.  Not as many as for earlier rounds I guess.  Still cheap £30/15.

Leo91   

Nice. Think Prague will give us a game and the 2nd leg will have everything to play for.

We should see some ratation for this game and I would save some legs for Liverpool. For me the team should be: 

Kepa

Zappa Rudi Christensen Alonso

Kante Kovacic Barkley 

Willian Giroud Pedro 

Subs

Willy, Dave, RLC, Jorgy, Hazard, CHO Higuain 

paulw66   
10 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

So... What to do here? Liverpool away on Sunday. Win that and top four all of a sudden looks likely. Some very tough calls for Sarri here. 

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson; Barkley, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek; Pedro, Giroud, Willian

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Jorginho, Kante, Hudson-Odoi, Hazard, Higuain

No chance RLC starts 3 games in 8 days. Just doesn't have the fitness. 

Would expect Alonso to come in too

Tricky one this, with Liverpool at the weekend. I'd like to think whatever team we put out will be strong enough, but equally, don't want to take too many risks... I'd probably go:

Kepa

Zappacosta  Rudiger  Christensen  Alonso

Kante  Kovacic  Barkley

Pedro  Giroud  Willian

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, RLC, Jorginho, CHO, Hazard, Higuain

I'd then (fitness permitting) go with this for Liverpool:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Rudiger  Luiz  Emerson

Kante  Jorginho  RLC

Pedro  Giroud  Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Barkley, Kovacic, CHO, Willian, Higuain

Sciatika   

I think Sarri will be looking to play the same side against Liverpool as he did West Ham. So I think he will look to use the form of Willian, Giroud and Pedro in both legs of the EL along with Kovacic and Barklay. So I think it will be:

--------------Kepa

Zappa----Rudi----AC-----Emerson

-----------------Kovacic

--------Kante-----------Barklay

Willian------Giroud-----Pedro

This is the time when you need a big squad (double cover) and for them to be fit. We need to be trying to find ways of giving Rudiger, Emerson and Kante a rest. But Ampadu and Alonso aren't fit. Sarri will have to use players carefully.

Leo91   

Has to be the second string. They are still capable of putting in a performance and getting at least a goal.

Kepa

Zappa Rudi Chris Alonso

Kova

Kante Barkley

Pedro Giroud Willian

Subs: Kante > Jorgi

Giroud > Higuain

Pedro > CHO